Chapter 2-New Boss

The entire office, for that matter, the entire building has been in chaos for the past one month. Rubiks, where she works at is being acquired. While for some it might be a surprise she knew it very well. Her boss, Matthew McKenzie, is getting on in years. Of course he is still energetic and healthy but for it to stay that way he needs a more stress free environment and as much as making money is good, one needs to be alive to enjoy such blessings.

While Matthew is happily married, they didn't have any children to pass on his legacy to. Not having heirs might have caused trouble in paradise for others but Matthew is very loyal to his wife. Despite all the seductions and tricks in the business he is still loyal to his wife till date. She is proud of having such a boss. Whenever Isa thinks there is no true love these days she would immediately think of this lovely couple and she would be full of happiness again! 

Not just Matthew, the entire company has a special place in her heart. While graduating from MIT with a Mechanical Engineering degree she looked glorious with a bright future but only she knew she was dead inside. Her branch didn't appeal to her and she dreaded working as an engineer in the unforeseen future. Just when she didn't knew what to do she casually applied as a secretary in Rubiks having seen the advertisement somewhere, fully sure that wasn't going to make it but Matthew took a fancy to her. She wasn't optimistic initially but she grew to love the job. And now from a small secretary to head secretary it was hard but sweet work.

So all in all, after a lot of twists and turns which wouldn't be stated, Rubiks in now part of Phoenix Technologies.

And today is the day, Isa's boss Matthew is going to retire officially. Meaning her new boss Mr. Norman will take charge officially. But of course this doesn't bring much change to Rubiks as Phoenix Tech is originally based in London. There are talks that Mr. Norman has plans to expand Pheonix Tech on a large scale in USA but let us think about it when the time comes. Formally meeting the new boss along with the acting CEO for Phoenix Tech USA branch, swap a few employees, week long meetings, queries, visits and then good bye to the new boss until they further meet at an unknown date.

But of course for all this to happen smoothly they need to be on their best behaviour and hope nothing goes wrong in the middle because Mr. Norman is famous all the way here from London as Demon King from Hell. No need to explain more about him, just the title tells all about him so as the small fishes in the company they have to do 200% in case they get implicated by the big fishes fight! And as the head secretary of Matthew she needs to be on her top game. No mistakes allowed.

Hearing the familiar ringtone from Isa's personal phone an eyebrow raised lightly in thought. Seeing the familiar name 'Bella' on the screen she hesitated for a minute wondering if she wants to face this now. But thinking further she can't escape forever so might as well answer.

"Hey Isa!" Came the ever cheerful voice making Isa smile unconsciously.

"Hello Bella! Is my little nephew not allowing you to sleep?" A soft chuckle full of motherly love came from the other side. Isa can even imagine Bella looking down at her bulging belly caressing it with a loving smile. She really missed her elder sister.

"Yeah! His kicks woke me up, very active just like his father." She could hear the protests from Jacob, Bella's husband, and their sweet banter over the phone. They dated for 7 years and married for 3 with their first child on the way. The high school sweethearts who stayed together bringing envy to her heart with a hint of helpless bitterness though. She's really happy for her sister and wishes that they stay together forever and not face any bitter struggles.

"Off! Enough of you! Let me talk to my sis! Okay Isa where were we? Yeah! Your nephew not allowing me to sleep! While it's true that he got Jacobs traits I think now was more due to missing his aunt! His aunt didn't even attend the baby shower so he is angry with you but since he can't show it to you he's taking it out on me."