The big Question

Divorced?

Waking up.
Nicki prepared to go to work. She got to the kitchen to make her morning coffee. She found a ready fresh pot. Megan was ready for work. Drinking coffee.
"Morning!" Nicki said and poured coffee. "Morning!"
"Thanks for the coffee. I thought you were going through an anti-caffeine process"

"I was. But I need it!" Megan said. Nicki nodded and joined her on the coffee table. "How are you feeling?" Nicki asked. Sometimes I feel this excruciating pain but I'm okay... I guess!" Megan explained. "I'm figuring things out. I promise we will find a way. You will be fine soon. I promise" Nicki said sweetly. Megan nodded and stood up, "I gotta get to work," she said and walked to the bedroom.

Nicki sipped more of her coffee and then walked out of the house.

Megan opened her drawer and pulled the papers. She realised Nicki already signed them off. She swallowed hard and suddenly her temperature changed.  She was sweating and her stomach was upset, she felt like puking.

After puking. A couple of times. She took another shower and laid down. She called in sick and called Anya.
"You pulled me out of court. This better be good." Anya lectured. "I'm not feeling so good," Megan said. "So? Call a doctor. Your wife!" Anya said. "You mean my ex-wife?" Megan asked. "You went through with the stupid divorce?"

"I- I just. Yes and no"

"Explain!"
"I filed. I was still thinking of a proper way to talk to her about it to make sure we were cool and she found the papers and signed them. We never talked about it but we divorced!" Megan said. "Well on the bright side, you got what you wanted," Anya said. "But why does it hurt so much? Why do I feel sick?"

"I'm sorry, did you expect it to be a happy thing? Because it's gonna hurt for the rest of your life" Anya said. "I don't want a divorce from Nicki. How do I fix this?"

"Destroy the papers and never talk about it ever again. Pretend you know nothing about it. Or talk to her and admit you were wrong"

"If I talk about it. She will never forgive me for filing. I can only destroy the papers and pretend nothing happened" Megan said. "Good. Feel better. I have to go back to work" Anya said and walked out.

Megan ignored the divorce papers but didn't destroy them. She just put them in the safe in their Malibu house.

Nicki ignored it too. She was just waiting for Megan to bring it up but deep down she wasn't happy anymore. Megan ruined their marriage for real this time.

They were not even talking much anymore.
Nicki was always deep in her thoughts.

Megan went to the hospital for her treatment. Dr Coleman was her doctor.
Before she was discharged...

"How's my favourite patient doing?" Dr Coleman asked. "You say that to all your patients," Megan said. "I don't. Well, you've met Doctor Pete. She's the scientist behind the treatment. She's here to examine you. To make sure everything is good before we send you home tomorrow." Doctor Coleman said. "Okay!" Megan said.
Nicki walked closer. "Do you have any pain anywhere?" She asked adjusting her stethoscope. "No Doc. I don't. I just feel a little tired!" Megan said. "You should rest more," Nicki said and examined her.

Megan looked at her but Nicki avoided eye contact. "Did you take the scans?"
"No!" Megan said. "Actually Miss Pete I was talking to Doctor Coleman," Nicki said. "No." He answered. "Do that and bring me copies but she is responding well to treatment. I just wanna make sure her bones are responding as well" Nicki said. Doctor Coleman took notes.
"May I?" Nicki asked to touch Megan's skin.
"Sure! I haven't been touched in a long time actually. I can use a touch!" Megan said,

Dr Coleman felt like digging into the ground. He was starting to feel uncomfortable.
Nicki put her hand gloves on before putting her hands on her. Megan rolled her eyes.

Nicki finished her examination and pulled off her gloves and trashed them. "Scan her," Nicki said Leaving.

After her scans.

Nicki double-checked them and sent her home.

Megan was discharged. Before going home she went to Nicki's office. "Hey!" She said stepping inside. Nicki was on a phone call, she hung up.

"Ready to go?" Nicki asked. "Yes. I thought we should talk first"

"Can't we talk at home? I mean this is my job and I'm kinda busy here. Unless it is really urgent!"

"It kinda is... our marriage is on the line here," Megan said.
"What marriage?" Nicki asked. Megan swallowed hard and looked at her.
"I asked you a question, Megan. What marriage?"

"Can we talk when we get home?" Megan asked. "Oh gee, yes of course cause you are in this marriage alone. You decide whatever the fuck you feel like doing. We talk when only you wanna do it. We sleep together when you decide to come to bed. We have sex when you feel like touching me or allow me to touch you, of course, let's fucking talk when you want. Whenever you ready!" Nicki said and stormed out of her office.

Nicki was so upset that night after her shift she stopped by Chris's house.

"Hey," Chris said opening the front door.
"Just here for my kids!" Nicki said and walked in.

Pearl and Aaliyah were playing some board games with their half-brother CJ.

"Mummy" Aaliyah chanted and ran to her for a hug. She waited by the door looking outside...
"Hey, baby... I came alone. Mommy is at home" Nicki told her baby.

She looked disappointed.

Nicki spent the night with her babies. She put Aaliyah to sleep and tucked her in.

"Is everything okay?" Pearl asked.
"No. baby I'm here to talk to you. You gonna hate me so much because I'm about to break your heart. Mommy and I... We decided to divorce!" Nicki said.
"Mom, you kidding right? Please tell me you kidding" Pearl's eyes were already watering.

"I'm not and I'm taking a leave. I'm going out of the country for three months. You are welcome to go with me but Aaliyah will stay with mommy. It's only fair that Mommy has someone with her too. Cause I have you" Nicki said

Pearl's tears came out. "Where are we going?" she asked.
"I have research in the process. I was thinking to continue with it in China!"
Pearl nodded. "I wanna stay!" Nicki looked at her. "You are welcome to stay honey. I'm not forcing you to do something you don't want. You have a choice so you can stay honey as long as you promise to call me a lot" Nicki said starting to cry.

"I'm coming with you. I can't let you go across the world alone and heartbroken. I'm coming with you. Chloe will wait for me, right? I mean if she really loves me three months shouldn't be that bad."

"Just think about it. I don't want you to go if you are gonna lose your girlfriend. I don't want you to be miserable like me."

"I will think about it, mom."
Nicki hugged her.
"I have to go to the hospital to sign my leave paperwork. The faster I do this, the better. Don't say anything to your little sister. Mummy and I will both talk to her probably tomorrow"

Pearl nodded. Nicki kissed her goodnight and left.
But she didn't go home.

Just let me end this y'all... Before I hurt y'all deeper!  End it right?