A confidential Ring!

"Mummmmmmmmmmy!" Aaliyah squealed jumping on Megan. Megan picked her up and span her around. "Awe baby. I missed you too snuggles"

"You here alone?"
"No. Ms Miranda is in the guesthouse. Mummy is at work!"

"Okay. What about your sister?"
"At her place. she's too busy with college I hardly see her" Aaliyah responded with a frown.

"I'm sure she misses you like I do every day."
"Maybe!"

"I'm going to a hotel. I will see you later okay?"
"I'm going with you!"

"Liya I can't just take you with me without mommy knowing!"

"Then call her!"

Megan froze. She hasn't seen or talked to Nicki in four years. She can't even remember the last time she texted her back.

"Go tell Mira to tell mommy"

After they left

"I can't remember the last time I experience such Nice life. Mom can't afford it anymore" Aaliyah said playing with water, feet in the hot tub

Megan was lying face down, on a massage table getting her full body massage. She felt the blues just hearing her daughter say that. Her heart ached.
"Mummy is too busy?"
"Not exactly. She doesn't have enough money. She doesn't want me to worry about things but I do worry because she hasn't Paid Ms Miranda in three months. Last month the lights were out for two weeks. Last night I overheard her on the phone saying the hospital is closing in a week or so. She's trying to hold out for me cause I'm the only one there for her with the support of Miranda but she's not okay" Aaliyah started crying.

Megan's eyes watered. "It's okay. It's okay baby. Hey! Don't cry okay? I know your mom is a miracle worker. She saves lives when there is no hope. She will bounce back. She will be okay honey. Don't worry yourself. Just make it easy for her to raise you. If she says yes, you will move to London with me so that mommy can be able to fix everything!"

"I don't wanna go live in London. It is fun to just visit. But this is my home mom. I was born and raised here"

Megan was mute. Her tears dropped from her eyes to the floor.

After massage. She took Aaliyah back home.
Aaliyah opened the door and stepped inside.

Nicki was on a call. Papers, everywhere. She was trying to save her hospital.
"Aaliyah! Why would you lie and say you will be at Lenny's? I just came back from next door. I called the cops they told me to wait. You scared me!" Nicki said hanging up and getting up. Megan walked in. Nicki gasped. Hands shaking The water bottle she was holding fell on her important documents. She gasped again trying to pick them up and jiggle them in the air to dry off. But her hands were shaky, and her heart was pounding. Body shivering. Her hands kept trembling and making the papers shrink.

"Farge! Shoot! Oh God no!" she panicked. "Need help mommy?"

"Go to your room!" she didn't mean to shout.
"Go to your room baby!" she corrected her tone. Aaliyah nodded and walked to her room with plastic bags.

Megan walked closer and restrained Nicki's hands. The shaking and heart pounding didn't stop. Megan could hear her heart pounding.

She held her hands tight to stop from shaking. Nicki closed her eye. "Take a deep breath!" Megan whispered softly.

Nicki breathed then opened her eyes. They looked at each other. "Should have called me or texted!" she said in a whisper. "I asked her to tell Miranda cause I had a call to make. She lied to me and said she did. I will deal with her later"
Nicki nodded. They were holding hands. Their faces learned into each other. They were about to kiss. Nicki closed her eyes again. Megan looked at her and pulled away and pulled her hands. Nicki opened her eyes embarrassed. Megan picked one piece of paper. "You selling the house... Without notifying me?" Megan snapped. Nicki snatched the paper and grabbed all of them and shoved them into her box and shyly looked at Megan. Then stormed away from her.