1

November 6, 1983

"Something is coming. Something hungry for blood." Bella and the 3 boys stare at Mike with rapt attention. "A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness... It is almost here."

Will gulped in nervousness, "What is it?"

"What if it's the Demogorgon?" Bella quips, eyes wide.

Dustin flails his arms in frustration, "Oh, Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the Demogorgon!"

Lucas scoffs, "It's not the Demogorgon."

Mike slams a figurine onto the table, "An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!"

"Troglodytes?" Dustin says amused, causing Bella to chuckle.

"Told ya," Lucas said jokingly and all the boys began to laugh, except for Mike who looked nervous and around him.

"Wait a minute. Did you hear that? That...that sound?

Boom...

Boom...

Boom!" Mike suddenly slams his hands on the table, startling the others.

"Jesus Mike!" Bella exclaims to the younger boy as she jumps at the noise.

"That didn't come from the troglodytes, no, that... That came from something else. The Demogorgon!" He slammed another figurine onto the table.

"Ha, you guys are fucked!" Bella laughs at their almost defeated looks.

"We're in deep shit." Dustin yells in a panic.

Mike looks to his friend, "Will, your action!?"

"I don't know" Will replies in an almost panic.

"Fireball him!" Lucas demands.

"He'd have to roll a 13 or higher!" Bella tries to speak over the panicking boys.

"You're crazy!" Dustin yells at Bella, "Too risky. Cast a protection spell." He turned, saying to Will.

"Don't be a pussy. Fireball him!" Lucas argues.

"Cast protection." Dustin encourages.

Mike yells, "The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering! It stomps towards you. Boom!" The boys go back and forth bickering, yelling over each other.

"Fireball him, Will!"

"Another stomp, boom!"

"Cast protection!"

"He roars in anger!" Mike tries to yell over Dustin and Lucas.

Will panics and picks, "Fireball!" He throws the dice, but they fall off the table.

"Oh, shit!" Will whispered.

"Where'd it go? Where is it?" Lucas yells to the boys.

They all get up from the table to search for the dice, Bella joining the search. The boys began to panic and ramble.

"I don't know!"

"Is it a 13?"

"I don't know!"

"Where is it?"

"Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Oh, my God!"

"Dustin! Shut up! Boys! Stop shouting!" Bella shouted.

The door to the basement opens, Mike's mom calls down to the teens. "Mike! Bella!" She is ignored by the boys, as they continue looking for the dice.