Chapter 6: Relations

Wizard looked at him in shame. A few seconds of silence passed before a sigh of sympathy came from the staff-wielder. Gingerbrave took a second to realize the situation before Wizard Cookie could speak before him.

" As I've never been taught it!-" The ginger cookie explained with a raise of the hands and an attempt at a weak smile. " So I'm not too familiar with mine. " He excused. Attempting to think back to earlier in the day as he looked at the cookbook, but came up blank and couldn't recall any magic on the paper that he could have read.

Wizard Cookie still held a glare in his eyes before it softened for a second as Strawberry Cookie spoke up. " It- will, it should be Brave dash. " She addressed some sorrow in her voice and lowered her eyes for a second. " Perhaps, we could help you after this?" Strawberry's gaze went to the bandages, " and when you are healed. "

Gingerbrave nodded, " that could be helpful. I guess?" He admitted and whispered with a shrug as he looked off to the side to the cake hounds when his hopeful expression turned to uneasiness and a sense of dread hit him for a second. ". Are there more of them?" Wizard Cookie followed the taller's gaze.

" There are usually three, maybe four but that's doubtful. " Wizard Cookie addressed. " So there are at least two more we have to go through. " He said stepping forward and a rise of his wand to move forward. Strawberry Cookie got it quickly as stepped up, moving up faster to be ahead of Wizard Cookie. The Brave Cookie stood there confused for a second before it hit him and made himself speed walk to catch up to the duo.

It was silent for the first few minutes as they made their way through the thicket. Not taking much note that some of the vines had recoiled back allowing specs of light to go through. But Gingerbrave could have sworn that some of the trees seemed to have shrunk but he figured it was his eyes tricking him at that point. Strawberry Cookie kept a glance on Gingerbrave as he walked behind her and Wizard. Frowning as she opened her mouth for a second before closing due to wishing to restate the question for a completely different one.

" Hey, uh... Gingerbrave?" Strawberry Cookie slowed her stepping to be close to his pace. " Where did you get the- your cane? It seems pretty... Rough. "She asked.

Gingerbrave looked surprised for a second. " The Witch had a box of them, and I broke apart a price of one. I don't know why it's so bumpy though. " He informed with an examination of his weapon and stool. Eyeing the flower he wrapped around the base for a second before his attention went back to the hooded cookie. " Is something wrong?"

" Oh, uh - no... Just wondering, as sometimes, usually, candy canes are more put together. "Strawberry Cookie told as she faced forward.

" You're Gingerbrave had one I'm guessing. " The brave cookie commented, gaining Wizard Cookie's attention with a swift stiffen in his pace while Strawberry Cookie looked back at him with her eyes lowering at the end to convey expressions of sadness and surprise. " I have a thing where I remember small details I guess. " He shrugged.

Wizard Cookie hummed as he squinted his eyes as the silhouette of Cake hounds had started to show up in the distance. " Pardon interrupting the moment, " He started, " but Cake hounds are coming towards us. " Wizard Cookie had with directing the other two to look forward with the faint and upcoming noise of fast-approaching footsteps ahead of them. Strawberry Cookie stiffened for a moment before reaching back and told hold of the lollipop once again.

"Wait- And what am I suppose to do if one goes after me?" Gingerbrave called out before Wizard Cookie had successfully run off, unlike Strawberry Cookie who still went forward.

" Use your cane or direct it into a tree!" Wizard Cookie called back before turning away from the other and had already started to run once more. Gingerbrave tried to ask something about but as the other had gotten away he had bit down on his words. But shook it off quickly before he felt something burn in his face as he stepped forward making him retreat his footing and put a hand to face. Feel its sting when touched that nearly made his 'heart' sink.