Chapter 7: Subside

" Magic Storm!" Lightning struck the cake hound's muzzle at the same time its caster spoke of the spell's name. The hound whimpered and rubbed its paw against its nose. The ears were also pulled back through the crackling sound the light had conjured up. A chocolate hound jumped up and raced against the flooring and could've sent Wizard Cookie to the ground if the wizard didn't bring his staff up in time. The hound locked its jaws on the base while its claws dug into the robes for a second and got stuck in the fabric-icing for a few seconds as Wizard Cookie had to lean back as the hound pushed forward.

Wizard Cookie stumbled on his footing and did nearly fall if he hadn't caught himself but he did slide against the ground that made an indent in the grass. The hound's growling got louder before it pulled back and did make Wizard Cookie lose his footing at last and landed on his knees. The cookie fell to the ground as a rock hit the side of the cake hound's face. Wizard Cookie looked confused as he couldn't see anyone at the moment he couldn't dwell on it as he regripped the base of the staff and swung at the hound's jaw.

The hound whimpered and stepped back while Wizard Cookie managed to climb back up to his feet and run the opposite direction just in time before the cake shook its head and reopened its eyes. But as it did, it was already tumbling back and got itself backed against a tree with loud growling emerging from its throat now as it looked up to meet Strawberry Cookie who had just sent them tumbling with some dust still kicking up and falling as she had spun back to meet the hound.

After a sharp and loud bark echoed through the remaining trees around them, the hound tried to step forward before a smaller strike of lightning hit its paw making it whimper and step back. It was as powerful as the one that had hit the Vanilla hound but it did leave a mark through the frosting. The eyes were surrounded by a cloudy mist before leaping. The hound took a swerve to its left as another strike was sent off to it, dodging out of the way and continuing its run to Strawberry cookie.

In a sense of panic, when she saw the Cake Hound leap, Strawberry Cookie ducked which made the hound only jump over her. But the hound didn't stop running nor did it turn back around it kept running forward. Strawberry Cookie looked up confused and tried to connect the dots on where the hound was going

" Gingerbrave!" Strawberry called out to her acquaintance as he seemed to be off in his little world dozing off to the sky while trying to 'fix' his eye. Gingebrave took a moment to realize before a sense of panic hit him with a harsh grasp coming out.

Quickly remembering the forest's situation, Gingerbrave dug his cane into a loose piece of bark, pushing himself up on the tree, and had to reach up on the lowest branch to get himself higher up before the Cake Hound nearly bit onto his leg and braced its front paws onto the base of the tree. The cake hound continued to bark as Gingerbrave tried to get higher or at least get away from the cake's hound.

" Bad dog, bad dog!" Gingerbrave cried as he had almost fallen off the branch, trying to not strain himself with the additional work. Panicking as he gasped and slipped off the branch and barely held onto it under his arms and had to hoist his legs up against his chest as the hours attempted to jump.

Wizard Cookie and Strawberry Cookie exchanged looks as their teammate was strangled. " You going to be alright there, Gingerbrave?" Wizard Cookie asked with a snarky tone.

" Mentally and physically, no! And I would appreciate it if you did something!"

" Our magic takes some to recharge..."

" That's stupid! Hey!-" Gingerbrave scrambled as the Cake Hound nearly got a hold of the bag. " Go bother some bird!" The stuck groaned.

Strawberry Cookie sighed as she picked up the rock from before with light treading to not cause attention to be drawn to her. She threw the rock at an angle and made it bounce off the tree. As anticipated, the hound's attention was drawn before it was sent to the ground with a lightning bolt to the top while Strawberry Cookie lunged and smacked it against the muzzle. As the body had started to dissolve, Strawberry Cookie looked up.