𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝚞𝚙 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚟𝚎 | 𝟷𝟺 𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛

[WARNING: mild spoilers]

╔. ■ .═══════╗

14 October 2005

FRIDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

[y/n]'s pov

𝐓𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐊𝐈.

If I had to explain him, I would equate him to a phantom. A puppeteer that wandered through the shadows; using others to conceal his every move.

For the past three weeks, Baji and myself had been trying to find something on him. Some sort of link. Not just for Toman's sake, but I had a feeling that him and Takemichi have some sort of history - from the way his name was brought up during the end of Hanma's and Kisaki's conversation.

But this endeavour had proven to be more difficult than expected. It felt as though he calculated every possibility; cutting off any string that lead back to him.

The best lead I could think of was Hanma; albeit we weren't exactly close.

Baji also had the say of not telling anyone about our discoveries - convincing me that we should weed him out ourselves. He said that he had his personal reasons; of wanting to redeem himself.

At his comment, I didn't push him further.

Another issue was that Baji and I didn't know what connections he has up his sleeve. He apparently had Kiyomasa - so who knows who else he has both in and out of Toman. So asking just anyone was out of the question.

However, there were a few people that I could trust. And one I'd admit may even know more about other gangs than myself.

"Oh! [l/n]-san!" A familiar boy calls out, voice squeaking in surprise.

I held back a chuckle at his fumbling, index finger pushing back up his red-rimmed glasses.

"[y/n]? What are you doing here?" Hinata Tachibana asks, confused at my appearance at their classroom.

It was second lunch break, meaning that it was easier to slip in without any of the delinquents around to question my presence. Takemichi, along with his group of friends and girlfriend were all sitting in the classroom, conversing amongst themselves before I had arrived.