Chapter 56

I lunge out of the kitchen Alex on my back to find Ariel watching the news. Abe is at work and I was about to ask why Ariel was acting like an old lady until I saw her jaw slacken as she shakily brings her phone to her ear.

"Mom?" Alex asks and she flips around at our voices. When she sees me her shock seems to become fear. "Sebastian go to your room!" She shouts making my heart hurt as I let Alex slide off of me and turn to leave.

"Mom- what the fuck! That was mean!" Alex shouts back in my defense. I turn to stop her going quiet as I hear my name again. "Yes and here is the video we had received from an anonymous person at the police station. For some of you, your favorite representative- Madelyn Dire- beating her son Sebastion Dire. Viewer Discretion Advise" The man on the TV announced and it cuts to the video. I stare at myself on TV as I screamed and begged my mom to stop.

Everything else drowns out as Alex tries to pull me away- Ariel who was screaming into the phone, quickly shuts the TV off when she sees me still here.

The whole world is going to know. Everyone is going to know. I'll never get my mother back. Now they know- my phone lights up with messages from people I didn't really know. People who wanted to be my friends in New York but they never actually texted. Now here they are begging for me to answer.

I fall to my knees Alex immediately coming down to try and calm my heavy breathing state. "They promised they wouldn't tell!" I scream in absolute agony at the fact that everyone is going to know I am a messed up child. I'm stupid! Pathetic! Weak!

"It's going to be okay Sebastian" she coos to me rubbing my tear covered cheek. "Why don't we go lay down in my room and I'll call everybody to come over okay? Do you want to do that?" She babys me. I sniffle and nod standing with her. That's when I catch Alice on the stairs, my aunt having already ran outside to continue yelling.

Both girls help me up the stairs and Alex leaves me on her bed with Alice who rubs my back as I cry. "Just let it out Sebby" she coos sounding a lot like her sister at the moment.

The door opens a few minutes later making Alice stand as she's replaced by someone else. "I heard what happen- I ran over here as fast as I could" he sighs while I turn onto my back.

Foster kisses my cheeks before pulling my limp body up into a hug. I cry as he rocks us back and forth whispering sweet things into my ear. "Dalton and Charlie are speeding over here now" he hums as I sniffle just letting my body stay slacked.

"Everybody knows now" I whimper, Alice's hand returning to massage my scalp. "What are you most worried about?" He pries before looking up to say something to Alice. She leaves me again and starts to do something as I pull back to look at Foster wiping my own eyes.

"People are going to bring it up- see me as the abused kid... and- and what if they bully me for it. It's going to be different now. I'll be seen as different" I cry again. He listens with a caring look and nods cupping my cheek. Even though I'm not making sense. "I understand- it's going to be hard but you'll get through it and you won't be alone. Tell me if people start bullying... tell any of us" he cuts himself off. I nod getting spooked by music suddenly playing from the TV.

Alice lowers the volume and I lean against Foster watching the lights and design the creator used to make the lyric video letting it distract me. "Thank you" Foster thanks her and she says something back but I let myself get lost in the music and close my eyes playing with Foster's fingers. I don't feel good.

Minutes go by again before the door opens and I pull myself out of my trance to see my two exasperated friends and cousin- sister. Alex. I smile at that thought. Charlie hurries over arms out and I reach for him as he quickly hugs me and then plays with my hair.

"Are you okay?" He asks. I shake my head feeling really woozy at the moment. As if I was too far gone. This feels weird. I feel weird. I breathe harshly, panic setting in again. Why am I acting like this. "Sebastian- what's going on?" Foster grips my chin making me look at him. I can't answer. Why can't I answer. I'm frozen.

I just stare at him with wide scared eyes- I can't control my body. "Sebastian! Hey Sebby come on talk to us!" Dalton yanks his own boyfriend out of the way straightening me up. My shoulders rise and fall as I find it even harder to breath.

I will my arms to grab something and my mouth to open so I can say something. "Has he done this before!?" Foster asks as the door flies open again. I can't see it, but I hear soemone running down the stairs. I'm scared- am I shaking? Fuck! I close my eyes and open them again blinking rapidly. The only thing I can control.

I can't breathe. Why- why- fuck... Foster- no I want Abe! What's going on?! Why can't I move- "He's never- no I don't think so" I attempt to blink slower, giving myself comfort knowing I could still control something. I'm tired- so fucking tired. Charlie gently shakes my shoulder holding my head up and against Foster with his other hand. "stay awake okay..." he trails off.

The footsteps going up the stairs were even louder and I wish I could turn to see but I'm certain of who it is once when I'm pulled away and held bridal style by the man.

"Sebastian can you talk?!" He asks panic in his eyes. I can't so I don't respond my head laying limp. He readjusts to support my neck. "Blink once for yes- two for no... can you do that buddy?" he begs, I blink once.

"Can you move?" I blink twice and he curses turning around. "Ariel call for an ambulance" she lets out a cry and runs down the stairs Abe following her calmly as I cry, trying to breathe. I feel restricted. I want to move I try so hard to even lift a finger but nothing. Abe instead lays me down on the couch.

My eyes flutter shut as they try to stop me from panicking. Somebody starts playing music again and soon enough Foster is sitting by my head and stroking his fingers through my hair. My uncle is now on the phone instead of Ariel as he and Alice explained what had happened into the phone.

Ariel is by my stomach on the ground rubbing my arm. "You're going to be okay, it's going to be okay- the ambulance is almost here" she whispers moving to make sure my head is propped up.

I close my eyes following Dalton's breathing as he starts to count with me. He had replaced Foster and has my hand following a steady pace, helping me when I choked on my tears unable to stop choking. He sits me up but I limply fall against him crying harder when I finally stop choking.

Alex let's our a cry from somewhere and it takes a bit for me to see her and Alice crying into Charlie. Foster rocked for a bit before running back to me. "It's okay- I'm so sorry" he whispers over and over again more than likely trying to just convince himself.

Abe opens the door and a few paramedics come running in. I immediately felt a bit safer. They can help- I trust them... I think. Closing my eyes seemed better than watching many strangers grab and pull me onto something. So I did just that, only opening my eyes when I heard someone tell me to. By that time I was in the ambulance with Abe who holds one of my hands until he's eventually told to let go.

They poke and probe at me, sadly I can still feel everything but couldn't say anything. Once they realized I couldn't talk but found I was stable, I am given permission to close my eyes. I immediately do feeling my uncle's hand in my hair.

"Could you tell me what brought this on?" Somebody asks, I try to zone out but I was already too far gone to do that. My uncle explains quietly until the man speaks up again "it seems he had a panic attack a very extreme one... is your son diagnosed with ADHD?" He tries to keep his voice low, but I heard.

"Yes severe ADHD" Abe's hand stops petting my hair momentarily, but he quickly starts up again when he realized he had stopped. "I think he was overstimulated and he went into what a lot of doctors call a freeze up. These can be dangerous because they can't control their bodies or communicate as you can see. It was a good choice for you to call us... I'm not sure if I'm correct but that is my theory" I listen even more fear creeping into my body.

"I see..." Abe trails off. I try to move myself again failing. I want it to stop. What if this becomes a normal thing.

"Don't worry buddy Ariel and the kids are behind us"