Starry freckles

Macaque hummed happily as he examined the monkey next to him. His bright golden eyes that reflected the moon above, his golden hair that shined just as bright at his eyes, his peachy mark that was shaped so perfectly on his face. Especially the freckles right below the mark.
They just lured the warrior in, making him want to kiss each and every dot again and again.

His sun, his giant star, seemed to glow so bright. Not just because of the way the monkey stood out, but because of how the giant star had smaller stars on his face.

The staring didnt go unnoticed by the monkey beside Macaque. He turns his head to meet Macaque's gentle and awe-filled gaze. His blanked face immediately reddens.

"What?" Wukong asked, almost covering his face with the tuffs on his hair.

"Cant I look at my star?" Macaque asks, cocking a brow.

"Star?" Wukong repeats. "Now where did that name come from?" He smiles.

"The sun is a giant star, isnt it? A giant star that brightens the world."

Wukong hums, "It's my freckles, isnt it."

"Its exactly your freckles," Macaque deadpans but quickly turns back into a smile.

Wukong scoffs as he turns on the grass, back now towards Macaque. But unable to see it, Macaque pouts and leans onto Wukong.

"Aw, Peaches, dont do that to me," he whines sarcasticly.

No answer.

"What? No snarky remark?" Macaque asks.

No answer.

"..Wukong?"

He peeps over but Wukong's hair tuffs were in the way of getting a good look so Macaque uses a shadow portal to teleport onto Wukong's other side.

The image he was met with was burned into his brain.

Wukong's face was all red, his peach mark did him no justice. His hair was shaping his face just right, not making it too sharp or too soft. And he was biting down on the scarf he was wearing. Macaque's scarf.

"Aw, Peaches," Macaque coos after letting the shock fade.

Wukong mutters something but even with his six ears, Macaque didnt manage to catch it.

"What?" He asks as he starts moving Wukong's hair away from his mouth and eyes.

He started to move some away from the part of Wukong's face that had his freckles but Wukong quickly grabbed Macaque's hand and muttered,
"I dont like my freckles.."

Macaque laid his head on the grass so he could be face to face with his sun. He finally moves the hair from Wukong's face, revealing the stars he seems to hate so much.

Macaque stared blankly at them before softly speaking,
"You make the night sky wish it could stay longer to bask in your presence."

"Is that a metaphor?" Wukong deadpanned

Macaque grinned and chuckled as he moved forward so their foreheads were now touching. His eyes shuttered closed.

"Of course it is my sun, your presence lights up my day,"

The sound of the golden monkey's heartbeat grew quicker, that did not go unnoticed by Macaque.

He smiled and opened his eyes again. A flushed face and bright golden eyes greeted him. Macaque only smiled bigger when the golden monkey huffed,
"You're such a flirt Liu'er."

Macaque chuckled softly,
"I'll be anything for you my king,"