Chapter 1 ♡

"Your Daughter.... She is diagnosed with terrible terminal illness I am sorry Ms. Kujou..."

"Is it really that bad? Can my baby still be saved? Please tell me there is a way! I beg of you! I will pay no matter how much it costs!"

"Ms. Kujou,Your daughters not in a critical state. Yet I am not sure if she can still be saved, CMML is a type of Leukemia with the most cases occur in people 60 years of age and over. It’s rare for CMML to be diagnosed in someone under 40"

(The characters ages are nor confirmed yet according to theories/headcannons Sara might be around her late 20's or early 30's)

The doctor told the frantic woman in front of her.

"However she needs to be confined for her treatment"

"Understood"

"Gorou, Please escort Ms. Kujou back at the hall, I will be examining your daughter madam"

The Old woman was escorted by a young man out of the room as told.
Looking at the patient behind her, Whom was sleeping soundly on the hospital bed.
Beeping monitors monitoring her heartbeat, Oxygen tanks beside her bed, ETC.

She was beautiful, She has purple hair (Somewhat indigo) and onto one strand of it, The purple faded to white. She has a stiff and alert posture even in her sleep. Does she ever rest?

She sat on the edge of her bed and held her hand, It was rough but delicate.

She must have worked herself off hence why is she in this state she is currently in.

Silence revolved around them as the doctor examined her body and took note of it.

She finally recalled who this person is,
Her name was Kujou Sara. Her rival back in high school.

They both aimed for Top 1 in the ranks, Attended school debates, And both members of the schools student council back at the main city.

Long time no see old friend.

"Ms. Sangnomiya" The nurse called out, The doctor diverted her attention to who spoke her name.

"Yes Gorou?"

"I think we should start examining the patient"

"Ah yes right, Call the team and tell them to get a sample of her blood and conduct the tests.. I will have a word with Ms. Kujou"

"Understood"

----------

"Leukemia makes up about 3.2 percent of all cancer types in the U.S. Experts expect about 61,000 new cases to be diagnosed in 202X and almost 24,000 deaths. CMML-1 has a 20% survival rate after 5 years, but CMML-2 has a 10% survival rate at 5 years.
It can also have an impact on how likely you are to be diagnosed with other types of cancer later on."

"1 or 2?"

"...I am afraid it is type 2 madam"

"Yet the earlier the treatment the better, But still I cannot be so confident about her survival for her fate is unknown. I suggest you take a rest for the day Ms. Kujou your child is in good hands."

"I thank you for everything Ms. Sangonomiya, Please save my child" The woman begged with an embrace before leaving.

Expectations can never be avoided as a doctor, Not only doctors experience hugh expectations from people, A lot of people do.

----------

"Ah I see your awake, How are you feeling? Anything painful somewhere?" Kokomi asked, Holding Sara's arm and examining it.

"I feel fine... Kokomi..."

"Yes?"

"Am I going to die?"

"...."

"Ah... I see..."

"You wont die I am sure of it, I will do what it takes to make sure you live"

"Why so? For Watatsumi's reputation? The hospital? Self gain?"

"...No"

"Then what?" The woman asked looking at her eyes, Waiting for an honest answer.

"For you"

I am surprised that a human being is capable of treating my like a human and not some kind of prodigy that people see me as...

"Your a friend of mine Sara, I will do everything for you to survive it.."

"Thank you Kokomi"