Chapter 4 ♡

"How will you even stay here for the night? Is there any dorm rooms for the doctors here?" I asked Kokomi, Who is standing by the door.

"Nope" I moved closer to her and sat down beside her.
"Beside you, hehe~"

"What ?" She looked at me stunned, And confused.

"My Illness is not contagious isn't it?"

"Don't worry its not, I guess"

"Be sure please"

"Im just fooling you don't worry" She chuckled, And laid down beside me.

I fixed my position as it puts a strain on my shoulders.
Kokomi embraced me and placed her head on my chest.

I found it a bit odd and I was surprised by what she did.
Yet, I feel much more at comfort with her embracing me, I didn't notice that I have already fallen asleep when I opened my eyes and it was already morning.

I have never slept in this much comfort within years.

The monitor beside me started beeping a bit more faster than before, Is my heart racing? Or it had been that way all along and I had just noticed it?

The brown haired nurse, Or from what I recall. The nurse named Gorou came in my room -As usual every morning- to give me my meal.

"Now that I have noticed it..." He spoke

"Noticed what?" I asked, Tilting my head to the side.

"Your heartbeat seems slower whenever your alone, But with Ms. Sangonomiya it seems a bit more faster."

Once again, The beeping noise started to get a bit faster.

"Oh..." He said looking away with a small smile.

I listened to him no further and finished my meal in silence. "Ms. Sangonomiya seems to have a "Special" place in your heart doesn't she?"
"She is a long term friend of mine"
"Ohh, You must be really close"
We had a talk about my relationship with Kokomi and how much I know of her, As he examined my bodies condition and same within.

"Alright, So far so good! Your condition is improving! Great job!" He congratulated me with a smile, He immediately left after a while for me to get some rest.

Soon after a while, Kokomi payed me a visit.
"So far I only have a few patients to assist this day.." She sat down at the edge of my bed and looked at me.
"Want me to read you the book as we take a walk around the hospital?"

"Sure, I have been bedridden these days"

----------

Watatsumi is a beautiful place, It was cool and warm at the same time. The air was fresh and bubbles float in the air. There are some Sango pearls here and there hiding amongst the unique colored grass and blooming plants.

As we walked around admiring all thats around us, Kokomi recited the book I was reading for me.

I read books more often for the past years due to her influence. I plan on reading 'Pretty Please? Kitsune Saiguu' because of her. And I will "Probably" read it after I get discharged from the hospital.
Or when I am fully healed.

If possible of course.

We were walking on a slow pace for I cant carry myself up that well without anyones assistance.
For some time I begin to walk a bit faster which she remarked as great improvement.

Compliments, Compliments, Compliments... I only receive those after graduation or recognition ceremonies from my parents and relatives who only give you a kiss or talks to you when its about an achievement and they claim to be there for you when in reality the never were.

But she... She was different. She compliments all the small things I do or make small remarks to help me improve or make me feel better of myself.

We went back in my room after after an hour and a half of walking around with no clear destination and reading a book out loud. And talking about our opinions along with it.

I laid down on my bed with a sigh.

"Do you want to go somewhere tomorrow?"
She asked me, I looked at her with surprise.

"I have a day off tomorrow and same with Gorou, Do you want to go somewhere? I can take you with us"

"Is it allowed?"

"Dont you trust a doctor who knows your condition? And wi-"

"And with 3 years experience of work, Graduated as a valedictorian from a prestigious school here in Watatsumi island, Locals said that her healing abilities is far greater and more effective than most doctors around the globe. In which is why she is highly payed for her work and is well known in the media. Foreigners went through lengths just to have her in their country but she stayed in this hospital of the land she grew up. What else could I ask for? Of course Im going"

"Impressive detail Ms. Kujou but I doubt anyone would actually read that. But long story short... Your answer?"

"Yes Im going"

"Great! We will leave at 8AM I will pick you up"