🦋SEVEN🦋

Y/n blankly stare at the village that is covered in mysterious mist. He thought they were just gonna hunt some boar..But they stumbled upon this so suddenly.

He senses they were...Intruders here. Even if the village was covered in a mist, he still can sense others' mana no matter what, magic can't stop him from sensing mana.

If they're gonna get through, then Asta will do the job first. Y/n figured the mist must be made out of magic, so Asta can cut through it. "Hey, Asta. Cut those mist with that sword of yours."
"Huh? Don't be silly, sword can't cut through mist!"
Y/n facepalm. Noelle called him stupid and said that the mist are made out of magic, and Asta finally understood that.

He cut through the mist with ease, Y/n wasn't impressed.

After a while of cutting through, the black bulls stumbled upon a disaster.

Shards of ice were in the air...And below them was a bunch of villagers from this village. And from far away, they can see a man with a scar of his face.

"Commence execution."

The shards was quick to come down, but Magna stopped it by attacking them. Y/n noticed Magna seem a little exhausted than usual, that's probably when he used all of his energy riding the...Tacky ride or whatever.

Y/n heard someone crying.

He look his his side to see a child, crying in front of..An old man? Ah, he's dead isn't he? 'Tough luck, huh?' There's no point in comforting the child, if their grandpa is dead, then there's nothing to do about it anyways.

"WAS THIS YOU?!" Magna shout as he point at the man who tend to hurt the villagers.

He just stare at them, with a somewhat expensive watch in his hand.

"In three seconds...

Everyone dies." He casually said in a cold tone. He then cast a spell, where a massive shard of ice appears. But it was gone in seconds after Asta had slice it in half, like it was nothing but paper.

Y/n yawn as he hear Asta shouting at the enemy. Isn't their mission is to hunt boar? How the hell did they even get themselves into this situation? Y/n didn't decide to be here, he didn't decide to fight the enemies and protect the villagers...Y/n wasn't a coward or anything, he just doesn't like when he get himself in these type of situation at random times..He just doesn't like it.

But he's here now, all he need to do is protect the villagers, capture the enemies, and leave. Easy task, right?

He cross his arms and tap his foot, acting as if this is a normal event.

"What are you doing?"

"What?"

"Why are you acting like this is normal?!" Noelle whisper-yell at him. Y/n look at her with a blank face, "I've seen worse."
"Wha...T-that doesn't mean anything!?"
Y/n whistle as he look away.

He turn around back and saw Asta yelling at the enemy, but the enemy's minion stopped him. Y/n hadn't been paying attention to what's going on, since this is NOT his business after all.

Noelle was rather annoyed with Y/n. Does he not care about these people's lives? What is even wrong with this man?

Y/n POV

I was watching the two peasants fight the enemy, I'm too bored, honestly. I'm too lazy to fight right now, I just don't feel like it. But I'll protect the villagers if an attack spell is coming their away, just for the sake of these people and their lives.

I saw a water bubble suddenly shoot at the enemy, but sadly missed.

I look at Noelle in disbelief.

What was she thinking? The enemy saw it and now he's about to roast the living shit out of her. Fuck, man.

"I see one of you can't even control her magic. The Black Bulls must be really hurting their members." Tsk, tsk, tsk. Whatever.

"Ink magic: Ink guardian." I said as a dark like figure appears from the ground, having its front facing the villagers while its back can be 'seen' getting pierce by the shards of ice by the mage. It might seem a little creepy and it got only eyes and stuff, but they'll get use to it. I assume.

I look at Noelle again, she seem to be zoning out while staring at Magna and Asta fight. Magna had suddenly told her and me to retreat, which got me all confused.

Me? Retreating? Fuck you.

Honestly, my attention is all on Noelle. She seem so daze and confused, or maybe just anxious at this point.

3rd person POV

"Walking away now huh? Jeez, what's the point of being a Magic Knight if you're acting like this." Noelle turn her head to face Y/n, who had his hand on her shoulder. She stared at him in shock.

"Why is it that you want to run away when there's people out here are crying because they think they're gonna die. If someone told you to retreat, who are you to listen to them so easily?" Y/n stared down at her, which made her more anxious. She didn't know what to say.

Y/n sigh, letting go of his hand from his shoulder. "If you want to walk away, then so be it, do whatever you desire.

After all....

You are royalty, am I right?"

🕰️

Y/n look around him, a bit impressed of the defense spell that Noelle had created, Guess the ink guardian doesn't need to be use anymore. Thanks to Noelle, he will get to save up his energy.

"I am royalty..And a Black Bull! I will protect the people of this country!!"
"Well done, mrs. royalty " Y/n clap for Noelle's braveness and her passionate figure. He didn't think she could easily mastered a new spell in the middle of trying to walk away, but it did happen. Congrats to her, I guess.

"Guess you pick your choice. A good choice that's for sure."

"S-shut up!"

"And try to hold the spell a little longer, don't want it suddenly disappear all of a sudden."

"I know what I'm doing!"

"I know, just making sure."