2

"Why would she misunderstand me as her mother?" The question hadn't left my mind from the minute she had uttered those words.

"Aachal! She is three-year kid, what do you expect from her?" Diya shook her head, grabbing a magazine from the collection of my novels. "Kids trust people easily. They aren't that smart to find logic behind things."

"But there should be something... right?" I shrugged my shoulder. "She had full faith in her dad's narration. How she would believe I was her mother? When she thought, her mother was having a mission assigned by God?" I couldn't wrap my mind around it.

"I think... you need to forget her. It isn't like you are going to meet her." Her those words made my heart to crush into pieces. "Okay, though you would love to but it's highly not possible and second," she kept the magazine back on its place. "We need to meet the clients, they are very important one." She stood from the couch. "We can't miss the deal." She uttered shifting my mind from the innocent girl.

"You are correct!" I nodded, she grinned at me.

"I was born with smartness." I shook my head at her remark.

It was difficult to convince my parents that I would restart with my wedding planning. From past one year, after me shifting with Mayur. Diya was managing the company on my behalf. We had started the company as co-partner. Been best friends from school days and having same set of interest. We had planned our future on the same path but my direction had changed after arrival of Mayur. He had become the most important part of my life and for that I had left my dream behind. I had planned a wonderful future with him but destiny that some other plans, stealing him away from me.

"Here we go!" Diya announced bringing me out of my thoughts. I stood from her scooty, glancing at very familiar building. From the past one year, I had visited it only once. I straightened myself as the nostalgic memory flashed in my brain.

"You will be more overwhelmed with the interior." She commented passing by me and opening our small office under the ground floor of the building. From our saving and arranging a small amount of loan, we were able to grab a small portion of the building as our office. Our small investment and our five years of hard-work had earned us high reputation in the field of wedding-planner.

Our decision was questioned a lot. When peers of our age were interested in medical and engineering, as mentioned by our elder, scope was high. We chose a career that had no future. Maybe in years to come but it wasn't that famous at the age we had decided it to be our future. We were stepping into a field that had to be explored. Very few ended up on the path and result wasn't exceptional.

As I took a step forward, our struggles, our hardship kept flashing in my mind. Maybe in the past one year, I had forgotten my passion. My love to make our company reach the heights. Not because I wanted to accomplish my name but rather I aspired for the upcoming youth to have courage to dream. I wanted to set an example for them that having the passion and stubbornness to never give up could provide success.

"Are you going to take entire day!" I could sense her nervousness as she yelled from inside. She had planned something for my new beginning. I felt delighted at each step I took towards our dream. Maybe distracting from the pain was necessary for my survival. I needed to live not for myself than for the kid shaping inside me. And for that I needed to distance myself from the pain. Distance myself from the bruise Mayur gifted me.

My hand touched the cold metal, a shiver running down my spirit. I was walking back into the life that I had abandoned after Mayur's arrival. It wasn't that he asked me for... but situation demanded it from me. I wanted to help her with his dream and so I abandoned mine. But I hadn't realised it importance till I stood on the very familiar door. I had often argued with my mother that marriage or love won't force me to sacrifice my dream but it had at the end. Women were forced to sacrifice their dream after marriage whether it was done intentionally or unintentionally.