7

My eyes widen in surprise, slowly diverting to Diya present beside me. I stood on my feet carrying Ridhi in my arms as she was stubborn not to leave my side.

"Yes, Susmita had mentioned you being pregnant." His eyes planted on me. Much to my surprise there wasn't a sign of judgment or pity. Nothing displayed.

"How do you know Ma?" I questioned and shook my head in disbelief. "Are you the same... Tanmay Chopra?" Though I was questioning him I couldn't believe my own words.

"Yes," he winked at me that playful attitude was back. "You have a beautiful kid..." he was going to continue but Diya interrupted him.

"There is some misunderstanding. Though Aru is pregnant but she isn't her child." Least affected that her words were shattering someone's hope. The soul tightened her grip around my shoulder. I could listen to her slight murmur. "Muma... Muma..." Her condition was indicating that it wasn't the first time she had heard those words. Maybe her father had attempted various times to erase her misconception but she was stubborn not to listen to him.

"I am not getting a word, misunderstanding?" Dhruv sounded curious as well as confused. Before Diya could open her mouth I nudged her elbow, eyeing the girl in my hand if she had forgotten.

"I will just come..." Both gave a nod in an understanding manner. Soon, I excused myself from them. Thousands of people were surrounding us but seemed least interested in the girl in my arm. Only if they knew it was Mr. Oberio's child! That mysterious, private millionaire had hidden a four-year kid from the world. I wasn't sure if should I be pleased or furious at his behavior.

Popularity! Fan base came with a certain set of disadvantages. Hiding Riddhi from the world surrounding her was a safe move but hiding her identity from the world also meant he didn't want the world to know about her existence. That was cruel! Such as his ex-marriage was hidden in the layers of the past.

I walked up to the receptionist, having no other plan in my head. "Excuse me..." the lady looked away from the computer screen. "May I know the room number of Mr. Oberio?" As I uttered his name, the uninterested lady suddenly showed a genuine interest in me.

"Sorry... Miss..." After scanning me thoroughly she responded. "Mr. Oberio... don't like to be disturbed." She was determined not to listen to my pleading.

"I am his wedding planner and I have an urgent matter to discuss." She passed me another glance. Her eyes scanned my set of pajamas to the disheveled hairs. I was nothing compared to the well-dressed woman surrounding me. I could understand her judging eyes.

"I apologize madam." She muttered getting busy staring at the computer screen. I huffed at her in annoyance. Mr. Oberio would again accuse me of kidnapping her daughter. I wasn't planning to allow that fashion queen to mock me and display as if she even cared about Riddhi.

Making my way toward the lift. I pressed the top button. VIPs stayed on that floor. There was a high possibility that I won't find his room but less percentage indicated that I would. Walking into the cold, silent hallway. Maybe the VIP floor was vacant but something in the surrounding yelled a tragedy. The uneven feeling in my chest was building anxiety.

My legs weren't ready to cast a step forward. The uneasiness spread in the surrounding. The tiny hand around my neck made me realize I wasn't alone and my mission was to reach her father.

"Riddhi..." I called her softly. She wasn't ready to raise her head from my neck. "Angel... which one is your room?" I inquired, hoping that she would provide me with some help. I wasn't sure why was I so desperate to hide her back in the room. I knew it was wrong! But something deep within me yelled it was the best option but I couldn't reason my feeling.