1

The wind blowing around was allowing me to divert my mind from recent events. I could glimpse at small kids jumping around, swinging on the swing. Their eyes shining in delight, mischief radiating from those innocent orbs. They were so far from misery, pain that life had to offer them in coming future. Their worry revolved around getting a larger share of chocolate to playing for hours. They were so unknown to the upcoming years of hardship.

My eyes strolled at every corner trying to escape from my pain. It was turning torture to pass my day in the familiar four walls. The memories that I anticipated would be my strength was slowly turning out to be my biggest nightmare. I couldn't even have a peaceful sleep without him jumping in my dream. He would call me, touch me. I could feel his presence around me yet I wasn't able to glance at him. I was shattering from within.

Ma had come with wedding proposal and they even visited us but upon seeing my lack of interest they hadn't taken a step forward. I couldn't pull myself together even after attempting for numerous time. I had returned back to my native state. The place where I had grown up. It was an excuse to escape from the haunting memories of my beloved husband.

I had detached myself from many people in my life. Because I was always scared of getting attached and been left broken after they left. I knew that none would stay! They never did! Yet I allowed Mayur to reach the farest corner of my heart. He had won my heart, he had the charm. He had became the most valuable part of my life but soon he left as well.

I had a deep connection with the garden a few yards away from my house. As a kid I had spent hours in the garden as it had been a source of peace to me. It was the only place in the universe that was able to brush the grief overpowering my senses. I touched my stomach, waiting patiently for the child.

Childrens made me realise that world wasn't dull, meaningless. It had wonder, colours to offer. I could glimpse at hope in the cheers of those shouts, those round of laughter.

"Haw..." I heard a sweet melody playing in my ears. "Aren't you going to play with me?" She asked grabbing my attention. I frowned at the small kid. She was wearing a white dress, reaching till her knee. Her curious black orbs staring at me for an answer. Her hands on her hips as if scolding me for ignoring her. Was I so lost in thought that I didn't acknowledge her presence? I could understand Ma's worry on my changing behaviour pattern.

"I am sorry... but are you alone?" I wandered my eyes to find if anyone was with her. How could a parent allow such a small kid to roam around, alone?

"Yes," she answered my question. "None have time to play with me." She answered, staring at me with pleading eyes. I could glimpse a fear in those orbs maybe that I would reject her offer. I wanted to question her further but the pleading orbs melted my heart.

"What do you want to play?" Those set of black orbs sparkled in happiness.

"Hide and seek!" she jumped in enthusiasm.

"Hmm..." I glanced at the huge ground around me and number of stranger scattered around us. Hide and seek wasn't a safe option. She could get out of my sight and that would mean getting into unsafe hands. I glanced around in hope to find anyone searching for their daughter but everyone seemed content with their kid playing.

I diverted my gaze back on the beautiful princess. "Why don't we play twenty question?" I asked making her small brows to knit in confusion. A small smile spread on my lip. I couldn't believe that I was smiling at a stranger. Unknowingly she had managed to succeed in the mission, my parents were attempting from past few months. Making a smile to reach me.

"What is that?" She asked, I pulled her in my lap and she allowed me, not even aware that I could be harmful for her. I was fuming for the carelessness her parents had shower towards their beautiful, innocent daughter. Anyone could harm her easily. Maybe they were least bothered about her.