I

Heavy pants leave Y/n's mouth as she runs to the spot she meets her childhood friend every morning.

She had slept past her alarm for the second time in the past week and she was sure Osano was going to be thoroughly annoyed with her.

"Senpai, you're late again! I should just leave you here!" The girl slightly laughed at the boys anger while still catching her breath.

"Then why don't you leave me? You don't have to wait." Osano's face flushed a light pink.

"W-well I have to stupid! You'd get lost without me!" Y/n giggled at the orange haired boy frustration. "I'm sorry Osano, I'll try to be on time more."

The gingers face softened then he scoffed. "It's fine just.. Try." The (h/c) girl smiled at him and they started their walk to school.

Despite the fact that Osano always seemed to be frustrated with her, she knew that he didn't mean it. They'd been best friends since grade 2, when she moved to Japan from North America, northeastern New York, to be more exact.

"Senpai, slow down!" Osano gasped for air as the teenager dragged him down the street. She didn't look like it, but she sure was fast.

She slowed herself down and smiled at her friend. He looked at her smile and got flustered.

"Why are you looking at me like that?!" He crossed his arms and looked away, trying to hide his pink face.

She puffed out her cheeks trying not to laugh. "Sorry, Sorry. I didn't mean to run off without you. Are you okay, can we continue?" Y/n asked, ignoring his harsh attitude. He rolled his eyes and nodded, but on the inside was fangirling at how the young woman spoke to him.

The two teens reached the gate of Akademi at 7:21, a little later than they usually arrive.

"Y/n you made us late because you slept in!" She rolled her eyes as they walked into the foyer.

"I tried to run but you didn't want to. So it's partially your fault too." She slipped on her shoes before continuing. "Besides, we're not even late! Loosen up some Osano."

Osano stayed silent thinking about the females words. He had to admit, he was always a little uptight. Could it hurt if he just loosened up?

"Osano, I'm gonna head to class. Is there anything you need before I go?" Y/n's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah actually, do you want to eat lunch together?"

"Sure!"

"It's not like I care if you don't or any- Wait.. what?" Y/n laughed at Osano's reaction. "I said yes Osano. We can eat on the rooftop, i'll see you then?" He nodded, then she walked away, leaving without giving him a chance to speak.

Y/n walks into the class labeled 3-2 to set her bag down before going to see her friends. She leaves her bag hanging from the side of her desk and walks up the last staircase to meet her friends.

She opens the door and is greeted by the sound of shouting. Looking around, she finds that the cause of the noise happened to be her friends, Mai Waifu, Midori Gurin, and Kuu Dere.

"It is not a stupid question! How could you say that!?"

"Midori you have to admit it was a little dumb..."

"Why wont you just answer it!"

Y/n walked over to the students who were standing in a circle arguing. "Hey guys, what's up?" The girls turned to the speaking female. "Y/n! Good to see you!" Mai said, smiling and motioning for the girl to join them in the circle.

"Midori do you want to ask Y/n your question?" Y/n raised her eyebrows looking at Midori.

"...Do other countries have birds..?" Y/n started bursting out laughing and soon Kuu and Mai followed.

In between pauses Y/n laughed out the answer. "Of course there are birds in other countries Midori!"

Midori looked down in shame at her question, feeling dumb. Mai patted her back in order to comfort her. "It's ok Midori we all have to learn at some point." The other girls nodded and smiled at the sad face she had.

The atmosphere around the group became happier and they continued to talk amongst eachother.

The loud bell rang through the school, letting the students know that class time would be starting. "Shoot! We talked longer than I realized!" Y/n exclaimed looking down at her phone. They said their quick goodbyes before running off to class.

As Y/n sat through her first class, she couldn't help but feel like something was off. She shook the feeling off, and continued to sit through her class.

As class ended, Y/n grew excited to hangout with her childhood friend and eat lunch with him. Grabbing her bag she walked up the stair case and waited for the orange haired boy to arrive. In the mean time, she went to go grab her bento she had prepared the morning of.

However, it wasn't in her bag. Furrowing her eyebrows she tried to remember what she did with it.

She internally smacked herself in the face realizing she forgot her bento at home, on the countertop. Now she had finally realized why she felt off in class.

"Senpai, I finally found you." She looked up from her bag to see Osano. "I've been sitting here the whole time."

He rubbed the back of his neck before sitting down. "Well I accidentally was on the other side of the roof." She laughed and nodded understanding his mistake.

"Aren't you gonna eat? You're gonna get sick if you don't dummy." He asked the girl, who would usually already be halfway through her meal by now.

She simply shrugged and leaned back against the wall. "I forgot it at home this morning. I'll be okay though, I can eat when I go home."

Concern took over Osanos face as he looked at her. "That'll be in a few hours! Did you even eat this morning?" She shook her head no, and right on time her stomach growled.

Quickly Osano pulled his bento out of his bag and pushed it into her lap. "Eat this. I'll survive without it. I at least ate breakfast unlike someone." Osano spoke with annoyance, although there was clear worry in his voice.

"Osano I appreciate it but I just can't do that! It's your food! You need to eat it." He picked up some rice with his pair of chopsticks and tried to shove it in her mouth.

Quickly the girl clamped her mouth shut and shook her head. "Cmon Y/n! I'm serious!"

Y/n had to admit, she was feeling really hungry and even a little lightheaded. She sighed and looked up at him.

"I'll share with you. But you need to eat too Osano!" He smiled with pride that he won the argument (partially). "Fine! As long as you eat."

The two started sharing the bento, happy that they were both eating. Osano looked over at the girl next to him and bit his lip. Over the years he had gained feelings for his childhood friend and couldn't ignore it any longer.

He put his arm over her shoulder blushing. Y/n didn't think much of the action, and just continued to eat.

Osano had decided one thing for a fact. He was going to confess his feelings in 3 weeks, on Friday. The date that he was planning to confess on was the date of the first time they had met. 

Sighing in content, the two finished their lunch together.