IV

It was around 7pm, the city streets were lit up with lights of cars, buildings, and street lights.

Y/n sat on a bench downtown holding a hot chocolate, watching the various friends, couples, and groups passing by.

The teen girl found people watching to be calming. When she was stressed she would go out and just observe.

She smiled as she watched a man get down on his knee in front of what she assumed was the man's girlfriend. They were sitting on the porch of a fancy restaurant.

"Keiko, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" She covered her mouth, crying out of happiness. She quickly nods and kisses her new Fiancé.

Y/n smiled watching the scene fold out in front of her. The people sitting around the newly engaged couple clapped for them as the girl cried out of happiness.

Quite often she found herself sitting at this bench watching all of the strangers living their lives.

She leaned back and crossed her legs focusing on a new group of people. Cold droplets distracted the teen girl from the strangers as she sighed.

The cold drops of rain fall onto her rosy face; caused by the cold air. She looked up at the sky frowning. She wore a sweater and a pair of jeans, however they were both slightly thin. She groaned as she felt the rain becoming heavier.

"Fuck... I've still got a 10 minute walk home..." She looked around, most people were under a shelter, continuing on with their lives.

She sighed, deciding she'd gather her things and move to a bench that was more covered, hoping the rain would lighten up within the half hour.

Looking around she spotted a empty bench about 50 feet away from her current spot under the shelter of a roof.

She grabbed her belongings and sat down on the new, more dry bench. She was still in the general area of before, so she directed her attention to the newly engaged couple.

They were smiling, taking photos, and enjoying a small cake provided by the restaurant.

Leaning back the (brunette, blonde, etc.) shivered slightly. The rain had brought down the already cold temperature by about 5 degrees.

Unfortunately it had slipped Y/n's mind to bring a coat, so she was either stuck walking in the rain, or sitting in the cold, but dry.

Y/n was getting more and more wet by the minute. Suddenly, a large coat fell onto her shoulders warming her up in an instant.

"Huh..?" She looked over to see a man now sitting next to her. He was looking the other way, so she couldn't see his face. However, she did notice the man's shoulder length blonde hair, along with the scratches and bandages on his arms.

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it." She turned away in awkward silence looking back at the couple she was watching.

"People watching?"

She looked over to him, stealing a small glance of his side profile. "What?"

"I asked if you were people watching." She opened her mouth, breathing out the word 'Oh'.

"I guess you could say that. Just observing. I guess you could call it people watching." She finished, laughing a little.

"I get it. Look at that guy." He said, pointing to a guy talking to his friends. I turn my attention to the young man, laughing with his friends as he shows them a picture on his phone. Although it was hard to make out, it was clear he was talking about the girl he liked.

Y/n pointed at the couple she had been watching. "These two just got engaged, they're having the time of their life and the rain didn't put a pin in it at all."

He breathed out a small laugh. She sighed, biting her lip.

"It's like I'm living through them vicariously. I want to feel that kind of love they have." She sighed once again. "For now though, I'm only people watching."

He nodded and looked down at the girl. "Osoro." She looked up with confused eyes. "Sorry?" He glanced at her before looking up. "My name. It's Osoro."

She smiled and put her legs up to her body. "Y/n."

"Pretty name." The girls face glowed a faint pink, not visible in the dim lighting. "Thank you." They sat in silence listening to the rain. She looked up at Osoro, observing his appearance.

Despite his tough appearance she had just noticed, he was kind.  His blonde hair fell to his shoulders, a scar marking the side of his shaven face.

His arms were covered in white bandages, presumably from fights, from the look of him. He sat with his arms crossed, in a defensive posture.

"Are you from around here?" The teen girl asked curiously looking at him. He nodded, sighing.  "Yeah. Lived here for a bit. Planning to get out of here after finishing school. You?"

"I moved here a few years ago." She continued as she stared at the floor. "If you don't mind me asking, where are you studying?"

He scoffed. "Akademi." She raised her eyebrows and sat up looking at him. "Really? Why haven't I seen you around?"

He looked down at her with furrowed eyebrows. "You go to Akademi?" She nodded. "Well I mean I've been suspended for a few weeks.. and I tend to skip out on a few classes." He runs his rough hand through his unkempt hair.

"Class 3-2." The tall boy looked at her in confusion. "The class I'm in. 3-2." A silent 'Oh' left the boys mouth. "2-2." She nodded in acknowledgement looking out at the rain, that was slowly stopping.

"Ha, looks like the rains finally letting up." He nods as he watches the girl stand up. She politely hands his coat back while smiling.

"Thank you for letting me borrow your coat and having a conversation with me. I appreciate it and I hope I can see you more often, Osoro."

He lets the coat drop into his arms and stares up at the girl.

"I- Y/n? Don't tell anyone about this. I'd rather not have people think i'm soft or something.." She giggled and stuck out her pinky.

"Secrets safe with me." He looked at her finger and hesitatingly stuck out his finger for a pinky promise. "Hope to see you soon."

The (h/c) girl turned around and started her walk home, smiling thinking about the moment she had with the man she had met.