Prologue

Dusty had padded up to his mate Jadepelt. "Are you okay? Do you need anything? I could fetch you prey" He offered.
Jadepelt looks at him gently and replied, "I'm fine for now".
Dusty purred as he formed a gentle smile and nuzzled her. With that, he padded else where to busy himself. As much as he wanted to look after Jadepelt, he was hungry. He began to eat a mouse he had hid away. Dusty saved half of it for Jadepelt to eat if she got hungry.
The two sat by one another and looked at the sky. "I wonder what our kits will be like." Dusty said curiously.
Jadepelt purred happily."So do I." She agreed.
He gave thought. "I bet one will look just like you and the other may look like me. A she-cat and a tom." He mewed.
"I bet so." She stared into his eyes.
"All that matters to me, is that we're one happy family." He mewed in a genuine tone. The she-cat nestled him.
"I'm sure we will be." Their tails wrapped around each other's. They both purred happily.
The calico she-cat looked at him. "Should we go?" He stared at her green eyes. "What ever you want my love."
She purred in amusement at his kindness.
"O-ok.."she seemed to have stammered. The molted tan tom nuzzled her.
"I'm so glad I have you."
"I'm so glad I have you too." She agreed as Dusty started to yawn and fall asleep.
Her mate didn't want him to be uncomfortable. "You could lay down on me if you'd like."
Dusty drowsily laid on top of her.
"I want you to be warm." Her pelt rested flat on her back.
"I will." and just like that, she was sound asleep.

They woke up in the morning. Dusty stood to stretch with a yawn as he saw his mate wake up.
"Good morning my lovely." He greeted. "Hello..." She greeted feeling a little sick. The tom gave his love a look of concern.
"Are you okay?"
"Um I'm-I'm not sure..." there was a bit of worry the way she replied which made him even more concerned. Then, he knew it.
"You're about to have the kits."
The she-cat breathed heavily. "I agree."
Dusty gave her gentle comforting licks. "Just breathe. Just breathe.." He soothed her. She did as he told her then...it happened.
Dusty stared down at the kits as Jadepelt woke up drowsily.
"They're beautiful..." He cooed. She smiled weakly.
"They are very beautiful indeed.." The two mates nuzzles together. "A she-cat and a tom." He mewed. She stared down at her meowing kits.
"They're so wonderful." Dusty looked at his son. "I think we should name the tom Feralkit. He seems like the wild type." Jadepelt gave a nod of agreement."He does." The little brown and tan stripped tabby kit ran around and flopped at Jadepelt's paws as he stared up at her with pale green eyes. Feralkit meowed to his mother. "You are so wonderful." She cooed, nuzzling Feralkit. Dusty purred. "What should we name the she-kit?"
"Lillykit." His mate suggested.
"They're perfect. I love them. I couldn't be a prouder father." He meowed with glee. "Mama" Feralkit mewled. Dusty looked in surprise. "He said his first word."
"Oh my goodness. He said mama." She smiled. The kit repeated mama as his sister tackled him. "Our kits..."
"I'm so happyxx"Dusty mewed. Jadepelt purred happily.
"Dada." Lillykit mewled. He purred."She said dada."
Dusty's ears pricked as he heard a noise in the bushes."Oh you're so precious my darlings." Jadepelt purred.
"I heard a strange noise. I'm going to go check it out" He told her. Jadepelt's head whipped to her mate. Feralkit pawed Dusty's tail."Dada."
"C'mon son." She pulled her son close to her with a paw as she then looked up at Dusty."Be careful," He mewed.
"If there's trouble and I don't come back, take the kits and run as fast as you can my love." He instructed. She nodded her head. "Okay my love...be safe."
The molted tan tom nodded then walked through the bushes. Jadepelt took the kits to a grassy area for them to play safely as she looked around cautiously.
Dusty saw a couple of the rouges. "Hello Dusty.." Scratch sneered. The other rouges appeared from the shadows in front of him. "I heard you and a she-cat who was a--friend of ours had kits." Blood snarled. Lynx, the leader of the band of rouges, began to circle the tom.
"How touching. Do you remember what happened to my kits Dusty?" She asked. He remembered how Lynx's kits died in a badger attack. "You don't need to threaten my family. I just formed it."
Without him knowing, Night and Wound slinked off. "If I can't have kits,then no cat can!" Lynx hissed.
Jadepelt started to get worried. "Ohhhh...where is Dusty?"
Suddenly,there was a light rustle in the bushes. "Dada?" Feralkit mewed. "Sorry but daddy won't be here to save you." Wound sneered. Jadepelt meowed in fear.
"I knew this would happen!" She scooped up her kits and ran for her life. Night and Wound chased after her. Dusty heard her then ran away. "Get them you fools!" Lynx yowled. Scratch ran. Then Blood sprang off as Lynx took up the rear. The she-cat breathed heavily with her kits as she still ran. "Mama?" Lillykit mewed. "Don't worry Lillykit. Monma's playing a game." She reassured. Dusty had caught up with her.
"This way!" He jumped over a log. She did the same. His head whipped around as he saw a muddle puddle. He wallowed in it, completely covering his tan pelt with each movement. "Dada get muddy!" Lilykit chirped.
"What are you doing?" Jadepelt asked. "I'm covering my scent so they can't smell me." The muddy tabby replied. "Lets do the same for the kits." His mate suggested. The kits scrambled to the puddle and rolled around in the mud. Their mother rolled with them. "Search everywhere for them!" Lynx yowled from a distance, but a very near one.
"Quick hide!" Dusty hissed to Jadepelt and he hopped into a bush. She did the same with the kits close to her. The rouges scanned the area. They parted their jaws to sniff the air.
"Give it up beetlebrain," Scratch mumbled then shrugged."They're not here."
"I want their stupid kits!" Lynx unsheathed her claws and clawed her face. Jadepelt winced but then got angered for the insult of her kits. Dusty got angered as well.
"I have enough scars as it is mousedung!" Scratch hissed.
"I don't need more..."
Suddenly, a yowl sounded. The rouge cats heads whipped toward where it had come from. "What was that?" Lynx snarled. Wound stalked towards the bush slowly with careful pawsteps. Then...out popped three warriors! A light gray she-cat pinned Wound to the ground. Then, a tan and gold stripped tabby she-cat,hissed at the rouges. "Back! Back away from our territory you blood thirsty rouges!"
"Run! It's the clan cats!" Blood yowled as he and the rouges fled. Lynx stayed. The silver warrior hissed."Leave!"
The chestnut she-cat ran away. Just then, a black charcoal colored tom appeared. "Any sign of trouble?" He asked them. "Nothing but rogues and not much else." Blackflight, a black and white tom replied. A scent got caught in Liontail's nostrils.
"I smell something." She whipped her head around to the bushes and got into her fighting stance.
"Show yourselves! If you bring harm,we will not hesitate to attack!"
Jadepelt, still hidden, backed away from the bush.
"We are friendly. If you are of no threat, come out peacefully." Blackfilght meowed. The she-cat held her kits close."We should come out.We mean no harm" Dusty mouthed to her. She mouthed back."O-ok, but, I'm to scared to, you go first."
"Okay" He mouthed back. The tom then appeared out of the bushes. Jadepelt slowly followed his lead, keeping Lilykit and Feralkit closely behind her.
"Don't attack warriors. It's only a two mates and kits." Duskstar told them.
"The kits are so cute!" Silverleap squeaked.
Duskstar purred with amusement."I am Duskstar. Leader of WolfClan. And these are my warriors, Blackflight, Liontail, and the she-cat that complemented your kits is Silverleap."
"H-hello,I'm Jadepelt.." She introduced. "And these are my kits, Feralkit and Lillykit." She added.
"And I am Dusty." He mewed. She stood close to her mate with her kits by her side.
"Greetings fair cats." Dusktar greeted, adding a dip of his head.
"We thank you for saving us" Dusty mewed gratefully.
"Yes thank you so much!" Jadepelt chirped."Hewos!" Lillykit squeaked."Stop, you're embarrassing us." Blackflight purred, scuffling a paw in the dirt.
"We hate to see cats in danger." Liontail confessed. Duskstar thought she made a good point. They genuinely did hate to see any cat hurt by another. "Two cats with kits shouldn't be out here in the open where possible dangers could harm you," with that comment he added, "Why don't you join our clan?" He offered.
"J-join your clan..?" Jadepelt stammered as she then looked over at Dusty. "What do you think?"
"Well, they did save us, I suppose we could show them our thanks by joining them." Dusty pointed out. His mate nodded in agreement to his comment.
"Yes, I agree with you."
Duskstar nodded. "Follow us to the WolfClan camp.." He flicked his tail then lead the way. His warriors followed behind. The molted tan tom walked. The calico pelted she-cat followed them while keeping the kits close by.