Chapter 26

"First Sootpelt now Ravenfeather..." Blacflight whimpered.
"Blackfli-" Crescentwing was about to rest her tail on his shoulder, but he nudged it away. "It's not fair! We loose our clanmates and ViperClan doesn't!"
She stared almost scared. "Calm down.." Onefang growled.
"Calm down?! You're the cat who started all of this! You cause every bad thing that happens to WolfClan and you want me to calm down?!" Blackflight spat. Onefang looked at his paws."I'm just saying."
"I'm just saying-nothing." He turned to see Feralstorm who made the statement. The deputy stormed off. "Yeah Onefang,just keep running from the truth!" Blackflight growled. The WolfClan warrior stopped in his tracks. "I'm not running from the truth," Onefang stated. "I'm walking away, because that's the mature thing to do."
"How would you know what the mature thing to do? You're not the leader of this clan!" Blackflight argued."Stop.." Feralstorm muttered to him. "No!" the black and white tom hissed. "Sootpelt--Ravenfeather..they're both gone and it's all because of you!"
"It's not like I wanted them dead! Don't you think I'm saddened by their deaths as the rest of the cats in this clan?! I'm deputy, soon to be leader!" Onefang yowled. "Yeah soon to be, but not now!" Blackflight hissed. "Hey!" Feralstorm yowled. The toms looked at him. "We're probably all just on edge because of the events that have happened."
Blackflight stormed off as Crescentwing followed behind. "Don't you need to organize a hunting patrol? The fresh kill pile's looking kinda low." Feralstorm mentioned to Onefang. "Yes. Get Ashfire, Heatherstorm, Lightspot and Dawnfrost."
The green eyed warrior went and did as told. The cats all followed out of camp.
Feralstorm cleared his throat. "Listen Onefang,about Blackflight-"
He glared at him. "I don't want to talk about it."
The tan tabby tom blinked.
"Back to the patrol.."Onefang meowed.
"Ashfire with Heatherstorm,Dawnfrost you're with me, and Feralstorm with Lightspot."
The cats all banded to another different parts of their territory in the forest.
Dawnfrost and Onefang were by a hunting ground, that was a treelength or so from the lake."Well it's official, I smell no prey."Onefang commented."I know this may sound weird but, I know there's a reason,but we've had two vigils,and it doesn't feel like you're affected by Sootpelt or Ravenfeather's deaths at all"Dawnfrost meowed.The deputy said nothing."Like I said, there must be a reason, and, you can tell me. We're clanmates after all and-"."I have to be this way."Onefang said."What?"the white tom asked."I have to not show grief Dawnfrost"Onefang replied.The tom felt confused."But why...? If you tell me, I'll understand.".The WolfClan deputy glared at him,almost doubtingly."No--you wouldn't understand Dawnfrost. No cat in any of these clans understands...No cat is willing to see."
"See what Onefang?" the green eyed tom asked. "That I'm scared-scared that I won't be able to lead this clan. I'm not brave at all." he mewed. "I may know a cat in this clan other than myself who thinks otherwise.." Dawnrost purred. He stared at his green eyed clanmate then lowered his head."Yeah..sure you do..."
Dawnfrost sighed and sat by him. "Never be afraid of the future, for it brings wonderful things. StarClan has given us a power to have courage. So, I feel you shouldn't fear the future."
Onefang blinked then looked to his clanmate. "Y-yeah...you're right. Lets get back to hunting."
Lightspot saw a mouse. She leapt and pounced on it."Yes!"
Feralstorm heard a low growl. "What was that?"
She turned to him. "Probably just a-" The growl sounded again. Ashfire and Heatherstorm came to them with prey in their jaws. Heatherstorm set hers down. "Hey did you guys hear-"
"A growl? Yes." Feralstorm replied. "It sounded like a badger.." the light gray and blue she-cat mewed. "Well I don't wanna be anywhere near it," Ashfire declared. "Lets get Onefang and Dawnfrost and head back to camp."
The cats all agreed and left to find their friends with their pieces of fresh kill.
They looked around. "This way!" Lightspot called. She caught their scent. Dawnfrost, with a piece of fresh kill by his paws, saw them heading their way."Oh,hey guys-"
"We have to head back to camp. We heard something that sounded like a badger!" Heatherstorm explained.
"We should head back. C'mon." Onefang ordered. They all followed their clan deputy to camp. Ashfire felt like they were being watched while they were walking. She then shrugged the thought off. Feralstorm sensed something odd. Like a pair of eyes were following him and his clanmates.