Chapter 2

Ding Dong

"Hey Emm- are you alright?" I ask her. She looks like she's been crying her eyes out for hours.

"I'm fine. Can we talk? I-I really need to talk to someone and you're like the only one I trust because my mother will blabber all around town and Ruby will probably blabber to my mother who'll go blabbering all around town- anyway can I come in?" She blurts out. She seems kinda nervous. I guess I was staring at her face for too long because she clears her throat uncomfortably.

"Oh, uhm sure. Yeah, come in. Would you like anything to drink? Cider? Wine? A beer?" I don't even like beer. I only have beers here for her. If only she knew.

"A beer would be nice. Thank you."

"You can go sit in the living room." She nods. A few seconds later I walk into the living room with a wine and a beer.

"What's up Emma?"

"Me and Killian are getting a divorce."

"What? I thought you and the pirate were good."

"We were, it's just- he's not...right for me. He's a good man and he deserves more. I-I just don't love him the way I'm supposed to and I feel like my want to be what my parents wanted me to be just clouded my judgement. I don't love him I don't think I really ever even liked him that much. He just kept bothering me until I gave up and decided to go out with him." Emma began to ramble. She's so cute. I could listen to her talk forever. Focus Regina. Focus! "Also I'm kind of a lesbian." She said it so low I could hardly hear it.

"What was that dear?" POP

"I'm also kind of a lesbian."

My eyes go wide. Maybe now I have a chance seeing as she left her husband and she's a lesbian. Back on topic Regina. She needs you to be a friend at the moment.

"Well shit."

"Yeah shit... and I think I'm like in love with someone else."

Damn. There goes my shot. "I'm sorry it took getting married for you to figure out."

"What-"

"My, as Ruby would say, gaydar is never wrong."

"Regina what are you talking about-"

"I'm saying that me and Ruby already saw that coming from a mile away."

"You and Ruby? I didn't see that friendship coming."

"Well yes who else am I supposed to talk to? She's the only other bisexual in this town other than Mal but even she's a maybe and why would I talk to Mal-"

"You're Bi?"

"That's what I just said. Keep up. And Ruby owes me 20 bucks-"

"And you never told me?!"

"Well you never asked."

"Anyway why are you and Ruby betting on my sexuality?"

"Because the other people this town is boring. Anyway, your divorce?"

"Oh, yeah. That. Well, we didn't actually talk about it. After I told him I was gay he kinda just said he needed a drink and left and then I came here. Honestly, he's a really nice guy and I feel kinda bad for him he really did love me."

"More like obsessed with you," I say under my breath but loud enough for her to hear.

"What was that?"

"More like obsessed with you. He followed you around like a lost puppy for almost a year until you finally just gave up and decided why not."

"It wasn't- I mean- Yeah you're kind of right.'

"I'm always right." I smirk.

"You are." She lets out a chuckle.

"Henry's gonna be home soon. Would you like to stay for dinner?" I ask beginning to get up. I need to start dinner.

"Sure. Uhm actually I wanted to ask you something. You could totally say no if you don't feel comfortable with it or some-"

"What is it, dear?" I cut her off.

"I wanted to know if I could stay with you tonight? I just- I don't think it'd be best to go back right now. I wanna give him some time to cool off." Emma asks nervously, her hands in her back pockets.

"Of course you can. You know Henry would love it." I would too. "You always have a place here if you need it Emma."

"Thanks I really appreciate it. You know how my parents are and I really don't feel like going down to granny's. The whole town would know by morning and that's just not what I need right now."

"Stay for as long as you need."

Stay forever.