Life as a prisoner

Ever since (Y/n) was presented to Emperor Zarkon she was deemed as a weakling, but the reason she was kept out of the arena was because of a Galra named Thace. Thace was a kind man who became (Y/n's) friend when she was fourteen after he first convinced the arena master not to send her out to her death. Instead, she was kept as a regular prisoner who was occasionally used as a rental servant for whoever needed her. Thankfully, (Y/n) wasn't needed today and she had the day off. When she heard footsteps coming towards her holding cell followed by the door opening, she saw Thace who was holding a tray.

"Greetings (Y/n), how are you doing today?" Thace asked (Y/n) as he stepped into her cell, the door closing behind him, but not locking.

"I'm fine, I guess." (Y/n) answered in a depressed tone, sitting up and watching as he sat next to her.

"I'm sorry that you have to live like this. I brought you some food I made." Thace told her as he placed the tray in front of where she was sitting.

"Thanks. I just- I just wish that life wasn't so cruel." (Y/n) responded quietly, her gaze meeting his.

"I know. I wish that it wasn't either." Thace agreed, his tone soft as he spoke; after knowing (Y/n) for so many years he wished that she didn't have to be kept as a prisoner.

(Y/n) looked down at the tray and saw a cup of water and some kind of cooked meat. Thace was a good cook, so she started eating before the meat got cold. Thace sat down across from where (Y/n) was sitting, wanting to spend as much time with her as he could. He had watched her grow up from when she was fourteen, but now she was a beautiful (Y/a) young woman. After eating, (Y/n) picked the cup up and started drinking the water.

"Thace?" (Y/n) quietly asked him after a moment, feeling a little nervous.

"Yes?" Thace queried, wondering what was on her mind; being the kind man he was, he was always nice to her.

"I- Thank you." (Y/n) replied with a shaky voice while smiling up at him, thankful that she had him as a friend.

"You're welcome, (Y/n)." Thace told her, a smile appearing on his face.

(Y/n) put the cup up to her lips and took another sip, feeling the cool liquid traveling down her throat. Thace wanted to take (Y/n) far away from Galra Central Command so that she could be free, but he couldn't at the moment. He hated seeing her living in a cold holding cell while wearing thin clothes; he knew that she was cold most of the time. Eventually, (Y/n) finished drinking the water and put the cup back on the tray. Thace picked the tray up and bid (Y/n) goodbye before leaving, giving her an apologetic look before he left; when he made his big escape, he was going to take (Y/n) with him.