Nightmare

(Y/n) cowered in fear as she walked into what appeared to be a throne room, trying to hide amongst the other aliens she arrived with. The fourteen year old girl had been captured by a large purplish-blue alien man who was looking for prisoners on different planets; (Y/n) had simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time. The food she and the others were given on the trip to galra central command wasn't exactly the best, the odd food had seemingly been made out of some kind of purple goo. Meeting aliens was something she dreamed about from time to time, but the teen absolutely didn't want to be kidnapped by aliens; such a situation shouldn't have even been possible. (Y/n) stopped walking when the other various aliens stopped, hating that they were all forced to stand in a single line in front of the throne where a giant reptilian-like man was sitting.

"Commander Zarkon, here are the prisoners I captured during my journey. Some of them are weaklings, but they can be useful for other tasks." The galran commander said as he gestured to the lineup of new slaves, grinning menacingly.

"You've done well, my loyal commander." Zarkon replied while he looked at each of the new prisoners; some of them would fight in the arena while others would be used as servants.

(Y/n) tried her best not to think about what the alien leader known as Zarkon said; she was probably going to end up as a slave or something. Back when she lived on Earth she had been living a normal life which in retrospect seemed pretty boring, although getting abducted by literal aliens wasn't something she considered fun. As if time passed in the blink of an eye the young girl found herself strapped to a table in what appeared to be a laboratory of some kind, panicking when she saw a scary older woman walking towards her, a glowing yellow vaccine held within the woman's right hand. Zarkon deemed (Y/n) as a weakling seeing as she was still technically a child, so he sent her to Haggar's lair for a little quintessence treatment. Haggar didn't know much about human biology which meant she wasn't going to inject (Y/n) with too much refined quintessence.

"Who are you and what is that? Please, j-just stop!" (Y/n) pleaded with pure fear, tugging at the restraints that held her down; she was trying to escape but no matter what she did she couldn't get away.

"Quiet, girl. I'm trying to make you stronger." Haggar chided, glaring down at the teen who was strapped to her examination table.

(Y/n's) eyes widened and she stopped struggling for a moment, resuming her failed attempt of escaping from the very bad situation. She was scared of needles and the needle of the glowing yellow vaccine made her have a panic attack; (Y/n) had no idea what quintessence was and she didn't want to find out. Haggar forcibly ripped (Y/n's) right sleeve to shreds before she cleaned her upper right arm with a damp cloth, disinfecting the area first so that her test subject didn't develop an infection. So many prisoners perished from quintessence injections, although Haggar had never tried it on a human before. (Y/n) screamed in agony when she felt Haggar stab her upper right arm with the needle, feeling the liquid quintessence enter her body; it made her pass out from the burning pain, but it wouldn't kill her.

__________

Once again (Y/n) was having a nightmare about her time at galra central command, only this time it was about when she first arrived; it'd been a while since she had that dream in particular. Despite living in freedom for the past few months the young woman still experienced nightmares, they weren't as frequent but unfortunately they still happened from time to time. (Y/n) cried in her sleep as she curled up in bed, tears streaming down her face while she whimpered in fear; the particular nightmare she was having was one of the worst ones she'd had in a long time. Thace was woken up when he heard (Y/n) whimpering, at first he thought that he was only dreaming about her crying but after opening his eyes and smelling the pheromones she was letting off he quickly realized she was actually having a nightmare. His heart ached as he listened to her cries, already knowing what he needed to do in order to help her; broken cries wracked (Y/n's) body, unable to wake up on her own.

"Wake up, starshine. It's just a nightmare, you're safe." Thace whispered near (Y/n's) right ear, lightly nuzzling the side of her face while quietly purring.

More tears spilled from (Y/n's) eyes after she heard the sound of Thace's voice; she didn't exactly hear what he said but she thought it was a part of her nightmare. Hearing his voice calmed her down a little, although she still cried as her bad dream switched to a different point in time after he befriended her. Thace whispered comforting things to (Y/n), gently rubbing her upper arm while trying to wake her up. (Y/n's) eyes snapped open when she awoke with a start, her body shuddering as she broke down crying; she was thankful for her freedom but the things she'd been through during her past still haunted her. Thace sat up and carefully gathered the sobbing woman into his arms, purring softly until she stopped weeping.

"It- it was horrible… T-that woman- S-she stabbed me with t-that needle and Zarkon almost-" (Y/n) babbled incoherently, completely shaken up from her nightmare.

"I know, but you're safe now. I won't let anyone harm you ever again, no matter what." Thace spoke quietly; he let (Y/n) hide her face against his furry chest, comforting her as best as he could.

(Y/n) felt better from his promise of keeping her safe, although she started crying again because she was so full of emotion. The feeling of Thace's arms wrapped around her much smaller form while she was pressed against his warm fluffy torso was all she needed to feel safe and happy; she eventually stopped crying, but it took a while. The only thing Thace could do was hold her against his chest, purring and speaking softly to the weeping human in his embrace until she calmed down. After a few moments Thace carefully laid both (Y/n) and himself down, covering both of their bodies with a soft blanket while he cuddled with her. He didn't fall asleep until he was sure she did, making sure (Y/n) was sleeping peacefully before closing his eyes and doing the same; (Y/n) didn't have any more nightmares for the rest of the night thanks to her friend who comforted her.