Epilogue

Harmon gazed around the inn, many different types of people stirred about the room. Some were ordinary men others carried from dwarves to tieflings. He noticed a few demon pixies playing a game of chess. They remind him of Oleo. Harmon hadn't seen him in while.

After the ape-man incident the group head kind of broken up. Even though they swore to each they wouldn't tell anyone about what happened, Harmon had started hearing stories as he traveled from town to town.

"It was probably Paul." Harmon thought. "I can't really see Old Edward telling anyone. Lyell, maybe but I sort of trust he wouldn't do that. Oleo can be a tattle tale so it have been him."

As Harmon brooded in his thoughts a young waitress came up to his table. She has straight, red hair, her face was dotted with freckles which honestly went quite well with her deep brown eyes. In her right hand she was holding a tray loaded with several drinks.

"Your brandy, sir." She said, taking one fo the mugs and placing it on the table.

"Thank you." Harmon said, immediately taking a sip of the beverage. It was very strong and left a warm feeling in his throat. He realised the waitress hadn't let yet. "Do you need something?" He asked.

"I was just wondering, since I noticed your guitar. Would you not mind possible playing for our guests at some point?" The waitress asked. "The inn keeper will take some marks off your bill if the patrons enjoy it?"

Harmon glanced over at his guitar which had had propped up against the wall. His playing skills were still sharp and he supposed he wouldn't mind having to pay less for his stay.

"I shall consider it." He said.

The waitress smiled and turned to leave. Harmon drank the rest of his brandy, he had a urge to buy another round but he held against it. Taking his guitar, he began to tune it.

Suddenly a shadow fell over him. Glancing up to see what as blocking the light, he saw three rough looking man standing over his table. One had a red eye patch, his skin was dark tan colour suggesting he was from the more southern kingdoms.

Another one had messy brown hair, plaster were on his nose and left eyebrow. A large sword hung from his belt, harmon recognised that it was made of murk stone. The man looked like one of those types the young ladies would crush on.

The final was looked like the leader of the three. His hair was long and fell to his shoulders. His face showed one of age and experience in the field. He wore significantly more armour then the other two and had a large selection of knives on his belt.

"Do you need something?" Harmon asked.

"Mind if we speak with you for a moment?" The long haired one asked but before Harmon could respond the three men sat down.

"Allow me to introduce myself." The long haired one said. "My name is Stanwyck CrystalStriker and I have something very important to speak with you about."

"Whatever it is, I want no part in it." Harmon said.

Stanwyck bought his fist down onto the table causing Harmon to jump a little."Look here, don't try and make this any harder than it already is."Stanwyck said. "We know you know where they are. Unlike you poor lumberjack friend, we are going to make sure you tell us."

"Where who are." Harmon asked.

"The ape men." Harmon's eyes widely slightly.

"Oh so you do know what I'm talking about.' Stanwyck smirked. "We've heard the stories, we've also heard that some folks pay an awful lot of marks for a body of one of tases creatures. So tell us." Harmon felt his heart beat begin to rise as he noticed two of the men pull out large hunting knives that where hidden under their cloaks. "Where are these ape men?"

                                         The End of "Pickaxe" by Idunn Frostfall