Chapter 3

Madison's pov

She called me yesterday saying her dad was sick and she had to leave, I was shook. I didn't know what did to do, I didn't know what to say. I felt so bad. I just sat there, on the couch thinking. I decided to watch a movie. It was the only thing I could think of, I didn't want to go outside, I didn't want to go to school.... So I called in sick. I didn't want to go to school without her it felt... wrong.

Olly's pov

"Last call for Utah" the announcer said as I put my bags on the table for them to check it. I walked through the sensor, grabbed my stuff and boarded the plane. 

I buckled my seat belt and started reading were I left off. Masie met a guy named john at a dance and they were talking then they went dancing and he was a really bad dancer- "May I get you something" the flight attendant cut me off. "Uh, yes please can I get a water" I said with a smile. "Of course" she said "anything for you ma'am" she said to the girl sitting next to me. "Uh yes can I also get a water please" she said. "Of course" the flight attendant said and walked off. 

My phone started vibrating, it was mom. I answered it, " Masie honey where are you?" mom said. "On a plane" I replied. "Oh" she said "what mom?" I said annoyed "well I was asking where you are" she said "and I said on a plane" I said mocking her. "What state. Masie" mom said clearly annoyed. "Oh" I said "you could have just asked me." "What state Masie." She said again. "Just hold on" I said looking at google maps. "I'm in Kansas" I said "oh well how far away?" Mom said finally settling down. "2 hours and 39 minutes" I said. "Kay" mom said "love you" "love you too" I said ending the call and went to sleep.

"Uh we're here" the girl next to me said. "Oh" I said looking around, it was almost empty. I got up and looked at the time. "It's 2 o'clock in the afternoon" the girl said now standing up behind me. I started walking out of the plane. Now out of the plane I got my stuff and looked for mom.

"Masie! Over here" she said. I walked over and hugged her. "Kay let's go" I said rushing us out the door. We got in the car and drove to the house. I opened the door "where's dad?" I asked confused. "Oh honey he went to the hospital" mom said with a sad look on her face. "What!? Why aren't you over there!? Why aren't we  over there!?" I yelled at her with a tear falling from my cheek. "Well I thought you would want to relax." Mom said with an innocent look on her face. "Relax!? My dad is sick and in the hospital, probably dying but i wouldn't know because I don't know what he's sick from!? I yelled at her walking away and into the kitchen where my siblings are. 

"No one is with him!? I scream turning around to face my mom. "Well we all wanted to see you and your dad has cancer nothing major" mom said. I know my mom was never the smartest but this is stupid on a whole knew level. I grabbed the keys and walked out.

I was going to the hospital, I was going to be with my dad even if he was sleeping I wanted to be there when he wakes up. I opened the door to the car, opened google maps and started driving. When I got there I asked to see David Carson. "What is your relation?" The nurse asked "I'm his daughter" I replied. "Okay" she said "follow me." When we got there she opened the door and left. I knelt down next to dad

"Hey dad" I said tears falling from my chin. "Heh I miss you and I just want you to get better your all I have.. or at least love. I need you please just get better." I got a text, I looked at my phone.. it was from mom. "Where are you! Your siblings love you and want a hug from you! Come home right now!" It was like she was screaming at me. I sat down in the chair next to me and turned my phone off. Right now I just want silence. 

Madison's pov

I'm watching the sequel to after, remembering when I was with Olly the other night. I had a really good time I hope she did too, what if she didn't... no of course she did she offered to pay my bills, she's gonna be my roommate of course she did. "Wow I'm starting to see how bad this is now" I say to myself.