Chapter 7

2002

2002

Running around the living room excitedly, I completely ignored my mother's warning to be careful. Hearing a knock on the front door, mom goes over to open it, while I decide to keep entertaining myself by jumping over the furniture, which, now that I think about it, isn't such a good idea...

Feeling my foot get caught on the back of the couch, my heart skips a beat and I try to protect my face.

Shit-

Everything starts to go in slow motion, the floor coming closer, the pounding of my heartbeat and my mom's distressed shout. Closing my eyes and waiting for the impact, a few seconds go by and I never feel it. Slowly opening my eyes, my vision is taken over by a mop of black hair.

"S-shini! Hi!" I exclaim, feeling my face heat up at the fact that my face is squished between his neck and left shoulder.

"You really need to listen to your mom more." He says, a chuckle escaping his lips at the end of the sentence as he helps me stand.

"Y-yeah," I nervously say, not meeting his gaze and scratching the back of my head. "Sorry, mom."

"Come on, kid." Shinichiro says, placing a hand on my shoulder, interrupting the tense silence in the room. "The other's are waiting for you at the dojo." Nodding at his words, I look over at mom, who nods back at me with a small smile.

"Have fun, honey. I'll see you later." Giving her a hug, Shinichiro leads me out of the apartment and down to the first floor, where his bike is.

Feeling the excitement growing back, I look over at the male with something akin to sparkles in my eyes.

"I get to ride with you?!" I exclaim happily and he chuckles, nodding.

"Of course, Zami. How else would we get to the dojo?" Feeling my whole body start shaking with excitement, I run over to the bike, walking all around it and looking at all the new upgrades he's given it.

"Wait... This is a whole new bike!" I exclaim, noticing the subtle differences. "This is a CB250T, these are so rare!" Realizing that I'm ranting, I quickly stop talking and stand beside the bike, feeling my cheeks heat up again. "Sorry-" Feeling his hand rest on top of my head, I look at him and see him smiling.