Chap. 24 - Where are you?..

"Heyyy, watcha doin there?" Joan asked as Jeremy turned towards her to see you too. "I did it!! i finally got this cool ass hat!!" he exclaimed grinning as you smiled "woah, good job Jermy!" you exclaimed, "hell yeah! i knew you could do it!" Joan smiled, she suddenly looked at the tables. "Dave and Phil in the office? looks like we're gonna have to close up by ourselves again.." she mumbled as you looked at the tables but said nothing, just listened in their conversation. "Oh, uh..Dave isn't here, actually." Jeremy said as you switched your gaze to him, lowkey curious. "Still?? it's been..what, four days!" Joan exclaims as you look away zoning out. "You know how it is.." Jeremy hitched his breath slightly.

"y/nn?? earth to y/nnn?!" you zoned back in once you feel shaken by Jeremy "h-huh? what?" you mumble "are you alright? you zoned out for a long time there.." he mumbled as you nodded with a small smile "yeah im fine! just thinking." you said as they looked at eachother then at you. "Anyways, let's head to Phil's office.." Joan says as you and Jeremy nod and follow her. "Heeeeyy, mr. Guy!.." "heyyy Ph- i mean mr. Guy.." "how are things holding up?.." you all ask as he seems to mask his emotions away with a smile while stuttering "I-Im fine..e-everything's just fine!" he mumbled as the three of you walked in then noticed his smile drop. "..I think we may need to search for a new employee.." he mumbles "REALLY?!" Jeremy yells happily as you on the other hand gasped slightly, your eyes widening, you two had completely opposite reactions, well until Joan nudged his shoulder and he stopped smiling.

"You're sure he isn't coming back?.." you ask as Phil looks away, almost feeling guilty "..almost positive.." he muttered as you looked down at the ground zoning out again, just listening in the conversation "..if he were sick..he would have...said something.." Phil hesitated to say the last words. "B-But these things happen, i suppose." he mumbled. "One day your employee is telling you how he likes his sandwiches , then the next day he disappears instead of putting in his two weeks..hah.." he finished as his voice cracked, you slowly felt your heart breaking apart. Jeremy and Joan looked at eachother then at him and then at you, seeing how your mood changed suddenly to a gloomy one, you again zoned out. "Y'know, Jeremy, y/n and i were thinking about going out to dinner after locking up. You should come!" you jolted hearing Joan's voice but then zoned out again not hearing anything around you anymore, just vague memories of..him.

??? POV:
I shall observe and envisage if he really left. That would be just great, now tell me my dear Y/n? why do you feel so gloomy of it? you're better off without him, now you won't end up like me. Im sorry.

You arrived at the restaurant, got yourself some food and sat down. "..Y'know..i know it's better now that Dave's gone.." you frowned slightly but not obviously enough "..but aren't you worried about mr. Guy?.." Jeremy said eating a tortilla "Jeremy, im worried about how you're missing my color changing margarita changing colors." Joan said as Jeremy puffed a laugh, you didn't even bother to smile, Jeremy noticed. "y/n?.." he asked softly as you looked up at him, shook your head as a fake smile crept on your face. "Yeah Jermy?" you said 'happily' as he just got worried more "are you..okay? your mood is changing faster than someone making faces!" he said as you chuckled "what are you talking about? im perfectly fine!" you smiled as Jeremy and Joan looked at eachother again. "You know?..i think i'll just leave..im not hungry anymore!" you suddenly said standing up as they just looked at you. "Byee!" you smiled grabbing your backpack, then ran away to the exit of the restaurant and towards your car, after all these..news, you just wanted to be home and rest alone all by yourself.

.

"O-Oh hey..y/n!" Vincent mumbled as you smiled slightly "where's Dave?" you softly asked as he hitched his breath slightly and looked away "we- we- we don't know..im so sorry.." he said on the verge of tears as you sighed looking down "p-perhaps a warm tea will make you feel better?.." he stuttered opening the door more as you looked back up smiling "thank you Vin." you mumbled walking inside.

his POV:
"Made this bracelet just for you! now we have matching ones!" they exclaimed grinning as i stared at it, best gift someone ever gave me, its even more special that it was from..them. I still wear it, not planning to take it down any sooner, not until we meet again. I looked around for my zipper jumper, where was it? oh..they have it, that's the only thing they have left of me, why did i left? just because of those two rats? what was that fitting rage.."I DON'T NEED ANYBODY!!" i regret saying those words, i lied, i need them, i..i love them..how could i be so heartless? left without even telling them goodbye. They must feel so miserable now and all because of me? what have i done?.."promise you'll wear it? i know its not that pretty but..shows how much i love you." they smiled at me "i promise luvh, also, it's gorgeous! 'course i'll wear it!" then..they kissed me, one of the only things i ever truly loved, their..hugs and..kisses. I miss their touch, i miss everything of them, i feel cold now.."I DON'T NEED ANYBODY!!" liar. fucking liar. "I love you!" they grinned, me too. I truly meant it, no one would believe this, tho it was just the pure truth, they weren't a pawn just like anyone else i met, they were different, they weren't scared by the manipulation i tried to put over them, they actually..didn't even fell for it, they were smart, too smart for it, they saw right through me, read me like an open book tho i never opened to anyone. I looked at the red snake plush they gave me, it was their prize but still..decided to give it to me, out of pure love. I felt myself tear up at the toughts, they hurt too much. I hugged the snake tightly, almost hovering over it, trying to perhaps catch some sleep but it just reminded more of how i held them, how we used to just talk ourselves to sleep, the safety i felt whenever around them, i never fell asleep easier than in those moments, they were my safe space..they- they were my home. I began crying as i clinged onto the snake more, hugging it to 'death', imagining i was hugging them, it just pained more..but i fell asleep sooner, somehow. I miss you so much it's paining, ruining me inside. I promise i'll come back to you someday, we will be back together, i'll never leave you ever again, im so sorry for what i did, please be strong as i know you and cling on what you have left on me. I'll be back as soon as i can..i promise.

I love you.

A/n: HAA. I BET YOU WOULDVE NEVER EXPECTED SOMETHING AS DRAMATIC AS THIS LMAO. YEAH ME NEITHER. HE WOULD NEVER SAY THESE CRINGY ASS THINGS BUT HEY. ITS FOR THE PLOT😭😭 again, the personalities im using rn aren't canon with the ones from the comic😭 BUH BYEEEE