Chapter 1: New Beginning

"Well, that stinks..." Kagome mumbled herself as she made it out of the well, carrying her yellow bag with her. She has defeated Naraku and made a wish for the Shikon Jewel to disappear forever, but somehow she was transported to a different dimension, and then the jewel disappeared forever. That was a relief! The Shikon Jewel would have stayed in existence, which it will be very bad. Well, she was glad she got rid of it for good and she was sent to a different world that she has never been in this place before. However, this world looks different than Tokyo, Japan.

Right now, she climbed up to the bottom of the well and peeked outside to see the place looked the same as in the feudal era. Did she return to the feudal era? This can't be right. But instead, she looked over her shoulder and saw a huge tall building, which she thinks she was home. But no... She might be sent to a different world instead of sending her home. She blinked her icy blue eyes in curiosity. She got out of the well and went to the city. She hoped she has made it back home.

Kagome was walking around in the street of the city as she was searching for a home. She guessed she must be stupid when she didn't notice it wasn't her home. She almost lost hope when she found a police station that they'll know where this city is. However, she'll also tell them that she got lost.

She entered the police station and stand at the entrance where the office was at. However, she hoped she doesn't get too weird or arrested.

"Can I help you, miss?" A black-haired man asked who approached her, wearing a helmet and a uniform.

"Oh, um... Well, I wanted to know where I was at because I got lost and don't know where I am." Kagome told him nervously.

"You mean you're new in this city?" He asked, blinking his eyes.

"Y-Yeah... What of it?"

"Well, why didn't you say so? You're in West City. A place we call home." He told her.

"I see." She murmured.

"I'm Krillin, by the way, and I work for the West City Police Department. What's your name, miss?" Krillin said with a kind smile.

"I'm Kagome. Kagome Higurashi. Nice to meet you, Krillin." Kagome said, smiling back.

"Nice to meet you, too, Miss Higurashi." He replied.

"Call me Kagome instead of calling me Miss Higurashi. I'm not being rude or anything, but I just wanted you to call me Kagome." She suggested to him.

"Okay, Kagome. I'll call you that from now on. By the way, if you're new here, do you have a place to live, Kagome?"

She shook her head. "Well, not really. I have no place to live and I'm still lost in the city."

"Do you have money or anything?" He asked.

"Um... I have my yellow bags and no... I don't have money, Mr. Krillin. Sorry..."

"Don't worry, Kagome. I have a friend who can help you." He told her.

She blinked. "A friend?"

"Yep. And her name is Bulma Brief. She is one of my closest friends. Well, most likely. But she's a nice person and she'll be happy to let you stay in her place. You know, she has someone who always stayed at her place for a long time ago."

Kagome stared at him. "Someone? Who?"

"Vegeta. Her husband. She lets him stay at her place for a while when she meets him all the time before they get married and have a son named Trunks. I'm pretty sure you don't mind meeting Vegeta and Trunks."

"That's okay. I would be happy to meet Bulma and her family. I hope they're nicer." Kagome said. Maybe... she thought when she sweatdropped with a nervous look on her face. She has a feeling that they'll might not like her, which it'll be bad.

"Come on, Kagome. I'll take you to Bulma's place." Krillin said as he and Kagome before taking a ride on a motorcycle.

"Sure, Mr. Krillin," Kagome said.

"Just call me Krillin, Kagome. You don't have to call me that." He suggested to her.

"Okay, Krillin." She said, smiling.

***

As they arrived, Krillin and Kagome entered the house called the Capsule Corp where Bulma and her family lived. Kagome looked around as she has never seen this place before. It reminds her of the movie where the hallway has metal walls, which look like an experience factory. The two entered the lab where they found Bulma working on her experience.

"Heya, Bulma. Long time no see." Krillin greeted her.

"Oh, hey, Krillin. What are you doing here?" Bulma asked curiously but felt happy to see her friend again.

"Well, I have brought someone who has no place to stay." He told her.

"Who?" She asked curiously.

"Kagome Higurashi."

"Um... hi." Kagome greeted her nervously, waving at her with her right hand.

Bulma gazed upon her and said, "Oh, hello, miss. Are you lost? And are you new here in West City?"

"Yes, I am... And I was wondering if I could stay at your place for a while. I-I hope you don't mind..." Kagome said shyly.

"Oh, honey. I don't mind at all. I always invite guests to stay at my place whatever if they got lost and had no place to live, so you are welcome to stay here Kagome." Bulma said with a kind smile.

"Really?"

She nodded, smiling. "Yep. As long as you're staying at my place, I can help you out."

Kagome smiled back. "Thanks, Bulma."

"No problem. By the way, do you have your stuff and your money?"

"Yes, I have all of my stuff, but I don't have money," Kagome told her.

"Don't worry. I'll gets you undercover, so you won't be poor forever." Bulma said.

"Thanks, Bulma." She said happily, "I'm guessing this is a nice place to stay here for a while."

Krillin smiled. "See? Bulma is nice. She'll do anything to help you. Well, I guess I'll have to get back to work. I'll see you guys around."

"Thanks, Krillin," Kagome said, waving at him goodbye. After that, Krillin left the Capsule Corp and went back to the police department.

"Okay, Kagome. Now it's just you and me, let me take you to the guest room then you'll be feeling comfortable. After that, I want you to meet my family." Bulma said as she was taking her to the guest room.

Kagome smiled. "Sure and thanks, Bulma."

"You're welcome, hun," Bulma said happily.