1. Turtle Hunt

Hey guys! This is just sort of a jumble of headcanons and shenanigans. Major spoilers for the movie too if ya haven't seen it! Timeline wise, Ima say Casey is 10-12ish in these, Raph has already died but Donnie hasn't, and Leo still has his arm (though some of that may change 😏). With that out of the way, here we go!

"Ya know, when mom asked me if I wanted to join the resistance, this is not what I had in mind."

Casey Jones dragged his boots into the room, flicking on the light carelessly as he went. His gaze swept over the piles and piles of boxes shoved in the corner, trying to find someplace to begin.

Casey grumbled to himself. "Casey, fighting Kraang is too dangerous!" He knelt down in front of a box and pushed it aside to reach more. "Casey, this is a rebellion, not a babysitter's." He drew his voice up high, mocking the strange green creatures he had met in the mess hall. "Casey, why don't you go reorganize the storage room?"

And so here Casey was, stuck in this dumb room with a dumb task given to him by that dumb blue masked mutant.

With a huff, Casey shuffled through the boxes. He didn't have any idea of how he should organize the junk or what half of this stuff even was.

About an hour had passed since Casey's mom left him here while she went off on some mission. He had jumped at the opportunity to follow her to work. More than anything, he wanted to put an end to the Kraang and see the life that those from before had told him so much about. The resistance mostly kept underground, plotting ways to rid the planet of the Kraang and return things back to "normal." Casey had no clue what they meant by normal, as the Kraang invasion was the only normal he had ever known. But the way people talked up the time before his birth made Casey want to fight with every breath in his body to protect that time.

Casey had met three resistance members. He had heard mention of them or saw them occasionally at home, but this was the first time he had ever had a conversation with any of them. A conversation that didn't last long thanks to the leader of the group, Leonardo. He had been too eager to return to planning missions to say anything more than two sentences.

Michelangelo, the second of the strange green creatures, was nicer, but he mostly just apologized for his brother's shortness.

April O' Neil rounded out the trio, barking orders at everyone and threatening to whack anyone with her bat who took too long. She was the one who had given Casey this nonsense task in an attempt to make him feel like he was contributing.

Organizing boxes was not helping the resistance in any way, shape, or form. It was just an excuse to get Casey out of the way.

"Junk. Junk. Junk. Oh, wonder what this is? Could it be more junk?" Casey grabbed an old tin can from a box and tossed it behind him. It knocked into another box, causing it to tumble and land with a clank and a beep.

Beep? Casey straightened, looking back to see the fallen box. In permanent marker, it had been labeled Donnie's stuff. Casey moved towards it and turned the box upwards, the contents shuffling. He dug through, pleasantly surprised at how non-junk the contents looked. A robotic bo staff, a wrist grappling hook, and a purple drone.

Lifting the box, Casey glanced around. This room was full of old stuff that had been collecting dust for years. No one would notice if one box went missing, right? Was stealing really illegal in the apocalypse?

Whistling along, Casey carried the box out through the resistance base halls. Hopefully, everyone would be sent out on their missions now. He could find a nice place to hide his box of cool gadgets, and when his mom came to pick him up, he would just sneak it along.