five

luckily i was able to make it school on time.

when i opened my locker, i was starting to think that maybe it is a good idea to clean it out. but i don't feel like it. maybe another day.

when i got out the work book that i needed for the day, it fell apart and the papers fell to where my feet were.

and of course, jacob elordi and his goons just had to pass by as i went to the ground to pick up the papers.

"your book fell apart," said jacob, obviously making fun of me.

i looked up and furrowed my eyebrows in annoyance. "right," i replied.

thank you captain obvious, i had no idea.

he shrugged his shoulders and looked back down at me. "must've looked at your face."

as his friends started laughing behind him, i got up and scoffed.

the funny thing is that jacob elordi secretly wants me. jocks like him always want freaky girls.

girls with horn-rimmed glasses and vegan footwear and goth makeup. girls who play the cello and read McSweeney's and want to be children's librarians when they grow up.

oh yeah, jocks totally eat that shit up.

they just won't admit it, because they're supposed to be into the perfect cheerleaders you know.

like saoirse, who incidentally is into teachers.

i smiled as i looked at saoirse who seemed to be talking with an old english teacher.

now i have to go to physics. which sucks.

"alright people. we're doing chromatography lab today, so find you're partners and break into groups of four," announced my physics teacher to the class.

i took my spot next to timothee who poured some type of candy in his mouth.

"well, there's nothing like experimenting," i said to timothee and some weird guy at our table, named charlie.

timothee pulled out a piece of paper and put it in between us. "um i did the prep questions for this lab last night so you can just copy my answers if you want."

"oh, i couldn't copy your work."

"you copy my work every week."

i looked at him. "true. im kind of a deadbeat lab partner, aren't i?"

timothee shook his head and looked back. "no, no, i don't mind. i think you definitely bring something to the table."

i nodded. "charisma."

timothee looked like he wanted to say something back, but he didn't know what to respond with.

another girl named natalia walked up to our table and stood next to charlie.

"so who's ready for some chroma magnificence?!" i said trying to lighten up the boredom and mood.

natalia raised her hand up and then put it back into her pocket. "yeah, i have a menstrual migraine, so i can't really look at bright lights today."

charlie rolled his eyes at the girl's excuse. "natalia, i told you to go to the infirmary and lie down. you never listen."

"no, charlie, because i don't take orders. not from you and not from any man!"

"you know, you've been acting like this ever since i got back from visiting my brother in Mankato. i already told you, nothing happened."

timothee brushed off the two's bickering and moved on. "well, im gonna set up the apparatus. um, y/n, do you want to plug in the Bunsen burner?"

"it's my pleasure."

natalia looked at us before shaking her head and turning to charlie . "im going to the infirmary."

"good. call me when you get off the rag."

"fine! call me when you learn how to love someone instead of cheating at your brothers college. just because you've had four smirnoff ices and a bottle of snow peak peach flavored boone's!"

charlie got closer to natalia's face. "good, natalia. ill be sure to do that. ill make a note of it."

natalia scoffed before storming off.

charlie watched her walk away with a disappointed look on his face.

"ive actually heard that the snow peak peach flavored is the best flavor of boone's," i said to charlie.

he nodded his head in response.

i slowly turned to timothee for back up. "isn't that right, chalamet?"

timothee just looked at me with a small, confused smile on his face and then looked at charlie.