14 - Sam

The first sign of sunlight beats through the open window and sounds of early morning traffic echo from the road below. My room is on the other side of the building, away from the road. I force myself to open my eyes, recoiling before I get used to the sun shining in my face. As I adjust to my surroundings, it's confirmed that is most definitely not my room. The major clue is the fact that Cass is lying in bed next to me. 

I silently curse my drunk self and roll out of bed to grab some clean clothes from my room. I'll probably have to get changed again before the gig, but I know I'll feel better for wearing something clean this morning. The lads never get up that early unless they really, really have to, so I reckon I can sneak in, find my suitcase, and disappear back down here before either them or Cass wake up. I'm not going to run out on her without saying anything, and the band certainly don't need to know what happened between us. It's none of their business. They're my best friends, but I'd quite like to keep this one a secret. 

I pull my shirt from last night on and hope that I don't run into anyone on the way. Cass's room card is on the bedside table, I take it, unlock the door and then lock it again behind me. There's not a lot of point in taking the lift for two floors, so I use the stairs. My room card was in the pocket of my shorts, I found it on the other side of the room. At least I remembered to take it with me, I've locked myself out of my own room more times than I'd care to admit. 

-~-

When I open the door, I hate the drunk version of myself once again. I asked if I could sleep on her floor because I didn't want to have to put up with Dean's snoring. However, next to my unslept in bed, is Drew, sprawled out and sound asleep. I could've saved myself the feelings of guilt, regret and self-loathing if I knew who I was sharing with. 

As I hunt around for my suitcase which I swear I left next to my bed, Drew starts to move, "What're you deeing?" He mumbles. "Get to bed man."

Shit shit shit shit shit. I hope he doesn't wake up fully. It would take a lot of explaining why I'm walking around half naked looking for my suitcase at 6 in the morning. 

After a lot of hunting as quietly as I can manage (this included biting my tongue when I stubbed my toe on the bedside table), I finally find the bastard case under my bed. Instead of rummaging through it for clothes, I take it by the handle, and leave almost silently, closing the door with the slightest creak.

I breathe a sigh of relief having made it out alive, and take the lift back down to floor 3. Cass is still asleep, it feels like the rest of the world is. I watch the cars on the road for a bit, wondering where people are going at this time. It's strange to realise that everyone around you has a life as deep and complex as your own and they aren't just background characters in your movie. 

I decide to have a shower after a few minutes, hopefully just to wake myself up, turning the heat up as hot as I can stand it before freezing cold for the final few seconds. It shocks my body into the day, the stark reality of last night suddenly much more apparent. In a few hours, I'm going to play a gig with Liam Gallagher, less than a day after I slept with his daughter. My memory of the night is patchy, and I barely remember what happened, but from what I can recall, it was lustful and rough. We were starting to make friends, all of us, but I don't think I'll be able to look either of them in the eye. 

After drying myself off, I wrap a towel around my waist and go to get dressed. Cass is sitting up in bed, staring at me, her emerald eyes bleary and her ebony hair all over the place. Her makeup is smudged, making her look a little like a panda, but in the early morning sunlight, her skin glows.

"Come back to bed for a bit," She mumbles, still sounding drunk. "I'm cold." 

I pull on a plain white t-shirt and a pair of basketball shorts, abandon my towel and climb back into bed with her. As soon as I lie down, Cass rests her head on my chest. I wrap my arms around her shoulders and kiss her forehead.

"You sleep alright?" I ask softly, twirling a lock of her hair around my finger. 

It's strange, cuddling with her. We barely know each other, "Mhm, not too bad. You?"

"Yeah, okay." We lie in silence for a little while, just enjoying the warmth of the sun on our skin and each other's company.

Cass looks up at me, smiling, "I can't wait to watch you today."

"I just hope everything goes okay," I say. In reality, I'm terrified. If I mess this up, I'll hate myself for eternity. It's basically a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

She presses her lips to mine, "You'll be amazing."