15 - Sam

After lying with Cass for a little while, not saying a lot, I wait while she showers and gets ready, offering excellent advice on the clothes she asks me about.

"What about this?" She asks, twirling around in frayed denim shorts and a crop top. It's not that much different from the other 3 outfits she's shown me, to be honest, but I'm doing my best to look enthusiastic. I know nowt about clothes.

I raise an eyebrow, "It's like 10 degrees outside. You'll catch your death." 

"Well, I liked it," Cass folds her arms and hunts through her suitcase, throwing a pair of skinny black jeans at me, "And I didn't pack any jumpers."

At a closer look, the jeans have flowers stitched up the legs, "These are pretty," I say. 

"Finally, a useful opinion," She rolls her eyes at me.

I lie back down, I have a feeling we're going to be here a while, "You know what would look good?" I grin.

She scowls at me. I don't know why, I'm delightful, "What?"

"Black and white football shirt." This earns a cushion from the chair next to her being thrown at my head. I thought it was a good idea.

Cass snatches the jeans and disappears back into the bathroom, glaring at me. When she returns, she does the same little spin in front of me. She looks magical. 

"Hang on," I say, and pull out a navy jumper from my case. I throw it to her, "Just so you don't freeze."

She catches it with one hand, "Cheers."

I wait while she does her makeup, confused by nearly everything she uses. 

"You look great, by the way," I say as I leave, just a few minutes before her, to avoid suspicion.

-~-

"Isn't that yours?" Dean whispers to me at breakfast, nodding at Cass, "The jumper, I mean."

I shrug, "Might've had one like it."

"Nah, that's definitely yours." I was hoping he wouldn't notice. I hadn't worn it in ages. "What's she doing with your jumper mate?" He wiggles his eyebrows at me.

Again, I shrug, glowering at him "She looked cold."

"Drew said you didn't go back to the room last night," He mentions, filling his plate with a variety of cooked and continental breakfast. "Where'd you go?"

I grab a muffin, add it to my plate, and head back to the table where everyone else is already eating, "Went for a walk."

"You said you were knackered," Drew adds, stuffing his face with bacon and sausages.

This is going to take a lot of explaining, "Yeah, I just needed some air. Had a smoke, walked around for a bit."

Tom almost chokes on his pancakes, "That's bollocks and you know it. We all know."

"You shag her then?" Joe raises an eyebrow, diverting his attention from the pile of heart-attack-inducing food on his plate. Unlimited breakfast is fantastic.

I roll my eyes, "I hate you all." I take my plate and find an empty booth by the window so I can eat without being interrogated. As I leave, I hear the dregs of the conversations.

"He shagged her." "Whey aye." "Course he did."

I eat in peace, not paying attention to anything going on around me, until Liam sits down opposite on the sofa opposite. 

"You alright mate?" He asks, eyeing me suspiciously. 

I take a drink of tea, "Aye, fine thanks. Why?"

"You've been avoiding everyone all morning," He says. "You sure you're alright?"

I shrug, "Yeah, it's nowt. Pre-gig nerves, I guess." 

"Eh, you'll be great. See you later." Once again, I'm on my own, left with my thoughts. While I was lying to avoid saying that I'd slept with his daughter, I am terrified about the gig. What if it all goes wrong? Then what? It seems sort of like career-killing stuff to fuck up a gig with Liam Gallagher. I'm going to have to get over myself because I have less than 12 hours before it starts. We're planning on going through set lists and stuff after breakfast, setting everything up, soundcheck, and then final prep.

A/N: Short-ish chapter, ik