7. She Knows

Previously, on My Omega Mate...

"Don't thank me. Now, go to your room and don't bother coming up until five o'clock. There's work that needs to be done," Andrias exited out of the house without anything else to say. I did what I was told and made my way down to the basement.

I took off my backpack to pull out my homework and began doing it at my worn out desk. While doing my schoolwork, I thought about Anne and her pack. My mind wandered on how it would be like to live with my mate. I can imagine it to be peaceful and calm. No more trauma, abuse, fights, or drama. Just Anne and I together. Someday, such imaginations like mine will come true.

.
.
.
.
.

A/n: Buckle up :,)

Anne's POV

"Carefully look at your opponent's body movement before they are about to attack. You'll see where they will aim for next," I coached Sprig as he was going up against Leopold Loggle in an open area. My pack is here to practice battling each other. We normally do it every Tuesday and Friday to increase our strength, skills, and stamina.

"Go for it."

Sprig was the first to recklessly go after Loggle without strategizing first. His wolf sprinted with a loud growl coming out of his throat. He jumped towards Leopold, pushing him down to the ground. Almost, my best friend was able to pin Loggle for a second until the older man smacked him across the face using his paw.

I slapped my forehead when I saw Loggle pushing Sprig off of him and planting his claws on Sprig's neck. It indicated Loggle winning the fight. As usual, the young teen was disappointed in himself. I can tell he hates losing every time he competes with someone. Even an old lady like Sadie Croaker beat him.

"Nice job Loggle! What a great way to distract your rival rather than accepting loss right away," I pat Loggle on the back when he morphed back into a human.

"Thanks Anne. I'm improving a lot thanks to you and your advice."

"Aww, thanks dude. I am happy to be of help. Rest up while the rest of us continue our matches."

"Will do," Leopold grabbed a small, white towel to wipe the sweat dripping from his forehead.

"Hey Anne..." Sprig approached me with a frown on his face.

"Hey bud. You did decent out there," I tried cheering up my friend.

"Not really. I lost again, and I'll never win because I'm not good at fighting."

"That's because you need to try harder. With those negative thoughts of yours, you will lose. So turn your frown upside down. You and I will walk alone in our territory. It is time I pass down a valuable lesson to you from what I learned from my parents," I messily ruffled Sprig's hair.

"Miss Croaker!"

"Yes dear?"

"You'll be in charge of the duels while I'm gone. Sprig and I are heading farther down in the woods. I will be back in ten minutes."

"Go ahead and do your thing Anne. I got it," Croaker waved me off.

"Thanks!"