Chapter 5

"Can we take a break soon I'm really starting to get tired" A random Hufflepuff student shout out.

Many of the students started to nod and murmur in agreement.

"After this chapter we can have a break for food and sleep." Professor McGonagall announces.

I PLAY PINOCHLE WITH A HORSE

I had weird dreams full of barnyard animals. Most of them wanted to kill me. The rest wanted food.

"What kind of dreams do you have Percy?" Thalia couldn't believe him.

"It's Grover's fault" Percy accuses.

"How is it my fault!?" 

Thea just started to laugh, Apollo could just look at her in admiration she had the best laugh anyone could ever have.

I must've woken up several times, but what I heard and saw made no sense, so I just passed out again. I remember lying in a soft bed seeing my sister lay in another one next to me,  I was being spoon-fed something that tasted like buttered popcorn, only it was pudding. The girl with curly blond hair hovered over me, smirking as she scraped drips off my chin with the spoon.

When she saw my eyes open, she asked, "What will happen at the summer solstice?" I managed to croak, "What?"

She looked around, as if afraid someone would over-hear. "What's going on? What was stolen? We've only got a few weeks!" "I'm sorry," I mumbled, "I don't..." Somebody knocked on the door, and the girl quickly filled my mouth with pudding.

"That's it! Annabeth you are not permitted into the medical cabin ever again! That is not how you take care of a patient!" Will Solace exclaimed.

Annabeth juts looked away with an embarrassed look on her face.

"I just wanted to know if he knew anything, I couldn't ask Thea anything she slept like the dead!"

"Well she usually does" Percy snickered.

"Oi!" Thea looked offended at that.

The next time I woke up, the girl was gone. A husky blond dude, like a surfer, stood in the corner of the bedroom keeping watch over me and my sister. He had blue eyes- at least a dozen of them-on his cheeks, his forehead, the backs of his hands.

When I finally came around for good, there was nothing weird about my surroundings, except that they were nicer than I was used to. I was sitting in a deck chair on a huge porch, gazing across a meadow at green hills in the distance. The breeze smelled like strawberries. There was a blanket over my legs, a pillow behind my neck. All that was great, but my mouth felt like a scorpion had been using it for a nest. My tongue was dry and nasty and every one of my teeth hurt.

Many flinched at that description.

"Percy" I looked towards where the voice was coming from and to my big relief it was my sister. She sat on a chair next to me and looked very tired but she still gave me that bright smile only she could give.

"You're okay thank god" She said with so much relief in her voice but then I could see how her face fell and she started to sob. "I don't know what I would have done if a lost you too." I tried to stand so i could hug her but I had to give up on that and instead took her hand and gave it a squeeze.

The students of hogwarts and the professors where shocked to see Anthea crying, they had never seen her cry. They looked at her with pity.

"Stop looking at me!" She growled out.

"Shhh starlight" Apollo whispered to her while he put her in the crook of his neck and stroked her hair.

Then I saw on the table next to me was a tall drink. It looked like iced apple juice, with a green straw and a paperparasol stuck through a maraschino cherry. "That is for you" My sister told me with a tearful smile.