Chapter 1

The turtles were running their usual patrol route. They ran along the rooftops of the city making light chatter along the way. They were by the docks when the caught sight of a group of Footbots. "We gotta follow them!" Raph whispered yelled. "I know, let's go!" Leo said as they took off running. They followed the bots to a large area surrounded by shipping crates. They jumped down ready for what seemed like an easy fight when a figure stepped out of the shadows. "Welcome turtles." Tiger Claw said menacingly. The group was then surrounded by more Footbots as well as Fishface, Rahzar, Bebop, and Rocksteady. They all gave a sick evil chuckle as they drew their weapons. "It's an ambush!" Leo yelled. "Ah sewer apples!" Raph said as he face palmed. The turtles all drew their own weapons and began to attack. The bots were easy enough to slash up but the others were the real issue. All of the Foot Clan mutants were too much all at once. Leo caught sight of Mikey being thrown back into a large crate. The force of the impact dented the metal. Leo decided they finally had enough. This was a fight they couldn't win. "Guys retreat!" He ordered. "Are you serious?!" Raph asked angrily. "That's an order Raph!" Leo yelled back. Raph gave a frustrated sigh as he took off running. Donnie and Mikey followed behind him. Leo threw down a smoke bomb to create a cover. Before he could follow his brothers he felt a sharp prick in his arm. Suddenly he was felt with a feeling of dizziness. He swayed as he tried to run but he ended falling to his knees. His breathing was heavy as he looked over at his arm. A small dart stuck out of his skin. He pulled it out and threw it to the side. Leo's vision was becoming foggy and blurred. Things seemed to melt together. He could feel his eyelids growing heavy. He desperately wanted to call out for his brothers but he couldn't find his voice. Tiger Claw walked over with a smirk on his face. "Goodnight turtle." He said before swiftly kicking Leo in the head. He fell to the ground with a hard thud. The last thing he heard before succumbing to the darkness was a chorus of sadistic laughter. The other three turtles were running in retreat. Raph looked behind him expecting to see his older brother running right behind. He was ready to make a comment about him being a coward for having them run. But his eyes were met with the empty cityscape. "Guys stop!" He yelled to his younger brothers. "What is it?" Donnie asked as he skidded to a stop. "Wait where's Leo?" Mikey asked as he saw the emptiness behind them. "I don't know. I thought he was right behind me!" Raph answered. "We gotta go back and get him!" Mikey yelled worriedly. He didn't wait for a response before he took off running back to the docks. Donnie and Raph shared a nervous glance before follow after him. They arrived back at the location of the fight only to find it deserted. The only remnants of the battle were the broken bots left behind. "Split up and look for clues!" Raph ordered. They all jumped down and began inspecting the area. Donnie poked a broken bot with his staff. He then saw something shine in the corner of his eye. He knelt down to pick up the small object. "Guys look." He said as he presented it to his brothers. In his hand was a small dart. Mikey let out a horrified gasp. "They must've drugged him." Donnie said softly. Raph took the dart from his fingers. He clenched his teeth and he stared at it. "Oh no." He sighed. "What do we do?!" Mikey asked. His voice sounded like he was on the verge of crying. "I don't know." Raph answered truthfully. There was nothing left they could do here. They decided to go back to the lair to inform Splinter. Hopefully he would know what to do.