The Lawyer, Part 2

When Brandon pulls up, Shawn is already in complete awe. In his eyes, he saw a mansion. They all get out of the car after the silent drive home and walk up the steps to the house. Once the doors are open, Shawn admires the amount of space, the quality of the air, and the silence. In prison, you grew to appreciate things like that, after your freedom had been taken away from you. Camila immediately walked up the stairs while Shawn stood near the front door, not knowing where to go or what to do.

"So this is it," Brandon's hands gesture to the house. "Make yourself comfortable, look around, get a feel of the place. I'll be right back," he says before jogging up the stairs. Camila was taking off her black stilettos when Brandon walked in the room.

"So I'm glad we discussed inviting a random man to live in our house for as long as he pleases," Camila said sarcastically.

"Camila," he started "I know this guy. I trust him. He's made a few mistakes but he paid for them. I didn't discuss it with you because it was in the spur of the moment. I can't just let him live in the streets," Brandon said while taking off his jacket and loosening his tie.

"We were suppose to go to dinner tonight. Remember? It took me forever to get that reservation, Brandon. Tonight was suppose to be a night for us. We need to talk," Camila said, standing up and walking to her dresser.

"Honey, whatever you want, just buy it. It's okay. With the money coming in from the business, you can buy whatever you want," Brandon started to unbutton his shirt.

Camila sighed, frustrated. "I don't want to buy anything, Brandon. What I want is to have a nice dinner with my husband so I can talk to him," Camila's voice was growing more stern.

"Well-" Brandon's phone beeped, signaling a text message. Brandon took his phone out his pocket and looked at it. "Camila, I gotta go. We'll talk later," he said as he put his jacket back on and left the room. Camila could hear his footsteps down the stairs and out the door.

"Love you too," Camila mumbled. Camila changed out of her dress and put on some more relaxed clothes. She went to the hallway closet to grab some sheets and pillowcases before walking downstairs to find Shawn. She eventually found him in the living room, looking at her and Brandon's wedding pictures.

"So I got some fresh sheets. I can show you to your room," Camila headed in front of him, expecting him to follow.

"I can't sleep in a room," Shawn said, causing Camila to stop and turn around to look at him.

"Why not?" She furrowed her brow and headed closer to him.

"I'd just rather be in a more open spaced area," Shawn said.

Then it registered to Camila. He's afraid of confined spaces after being in prison. "Oh, Okay. Well then I guess you could sleep in here. The couch can transform into a bed," she walked the sheets over and dropped them on the couch.

"Okay, that'd be great. Thanks," Shawn smiled. "And thanks again for taking my case. I really appreciate it,"

"Yeah, sure. It's my job," Camila smiled.

"Yeah, but you didn't have to," Shawn said.

"I wanted to," Camila blurted out. Uh oh. Why did I just say that? Camila wanted to slap herself. Change the subject. Change the subject. "So, you and Brandon were friends in high school?" She sat herself on the arm of the couch.

"Yeah. We played basketball together. I'm surprised he's married. He always said he wasn't a one woman kinda man," Shawn said, chuckling. "But I can see why he is now." Shawn's eyes stayed locked on Camila's.

Camila's heart sped up as his stayed on her's. "Ummm...," she started. "There's some...," she lost her train of thought staring at him. "Umm...," Shawn laughed softly at her ramblings, which made Camila's body temperature rise and her face turned red. "Spaghetti. T-there's some spaghetti in the fridge," she stuttered. "I'll heat it up for you," she rose and speed walked to the kitchen.