Love Is The Us That Kept It Alive

Love in the present was more than a hug that could be wrapped around my arms and call me home for the first time in a while where my heartbeat had closed my eyes while we kissed and then you waited until it was dark to show me the light that placed the rose petals at the foot of the door and it changed my world forever more because now I had you in my life and in my heart.
Love was the one day at a time that turned night into a dream that began to click the lights on and off like a light switch at night just like how the night changes the time from night to day.
Love may have kept us in the dark one too many times before it claimed to be one of us and keep our love in a lockbox of dreams where only we would have the key to our hearts.
But you held your arm around me kept me looking forward even though I wanted you to keep holding me in your arms and that was before you left you had looked at me from a distance that kept me looking from afar and never left my side as long as I knew I look through the window and see the moon of you that kept me up at night looking for you.
You never failed to hold me or ask me how my day was and you still treat me like you see me as an open book but in my dreams see a different side of me than in HighSchool and I finally got to meet the real you inside my dreams instead of the one in real life.
You kept me in the same way you left me and that made me know that you always would love me no matter what and it was like reality could no longer keep me safe but only my dreams could speak my language and make my heart feel more than I could ever speak but just to write about makes every word seem real not a lie.
You never knew the truth about why I loved you first but something tells me you were the first to fall and keep in contact with me was an everyday thing because you saw me in HighSchool through the halls but we only ever hugged and the rest of the time was a conversation we kept short and sweet but just during the walk and the last year we were able to get to know each other more and finally admit to ourselves that this connection was real before we could ever stop to guess and fight the words that needed reassurance instead uncertainty.
You still knew even though you may have never met me until that day you laid your eyes on me and we began to talk like two strangers to one another but after that we decided to get to know each other better and not let a moment slip away before we could become closer than best friends.
Love may never be easy but it was always real at first sight with us and that was the truth from the beginning to now behind the story of our love.
Love has been the most strongest feeling ever made but the moon caught my eyes through my face and it held my expression kind of like my experiences with life and even more so love.
You may have kept the secret for as long as you could hide the love but the truth between us always came out in the end whether people saw the connection or not everyone knew just not the whole story of us but the reality of what it meant to be just friends at the time between us and that was the last thing I remembered about HighSchool and how even though we both could look at each other in the eye and see the truth behind our eyes we could not say to each other at the time because we didn't know where it was going to lead we only knew the moment not the final result of the story yet and all of that came into place of how we chose to play the deck of cards and how we played the dice but how "love is the lie that keeps us alive".