𝟢𝟢𝟧. 𝖼𝗁𝖾𝖼𝗄 𝗎𝗉

𝗋𝗂𝗅𝖾𝗒
𝟣𝟢:𝟥𝟤𝖺𝗆
𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗂𝗌𝗂𝖺𝗇𝖺 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗀𝗇𝖺𝗇𝖼𝗒 𝖼𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗋

•••

"That's so cold," I say as the doctor rubs the gel on my lower belly.

"That look like it feel good," Autumn says.

I laugh, "It kinda does the gel is just really cold."

The doctor grabs the Transducer, "Alright, you ready to see your baby for the first time?"

Me and Autumn both nod as she places the Transducer on my tummy. She roles is around to find the baby as we all watch the screen.

My heart was pounding; what if the test was wrong? What if I'm not really pregnant.

"There they are!" The doctor says as she zooms in on the screen. "Your baby is still pretty small right now, so we cannot determine the gender just yet, but their vitals are great; perfectly healthy."

I let go of the breath I was holding in, "Thats great!"

"Aww they head kinda shaped like mines," Autumn tilts his head as he looked at the screen.

I laugh, "It is now that I look at it."

"How long have you guys' been together?" The doctor asks.

I chuckle, "Oh we're not together."

"Oh I'm sorry"

"No it's fine," Wick says.

"Are y'all ready to co-parent? This is you guys' first child, right?"

"Yes. I'm getting ready, it's still kind of surreal to me."

"Yea but we got this," Autumn places his hand on my shoulder.

I look at him and grin .

"You guys' are very supportive of each other; I love to see that," the doctor says. "You don't understand how many split parents come in here that hate each other."

"Yea we told ourselves to not let any childishness get in the way of being good parents."

The doctor begins to take the gel off my belly, "That's amazing. The world needs more parents like you both."

I grin as I pull my shirt down and sit up.

"Alright, you guys are good to go! You can make another appointment for next month at the front desk," she tells us as she takes off her gloves.

I get up while me and Autumn thank her, then leave the building.

"You feel a little bit better about everything yet?" He asks me as he drives us back home.

"Yea, a little. How about you?"

"Yea I do too."

"I'm curious on how your friends reacted when you told them."

"My friends?"

I nod my head.

"Uh," he sucks his teeth, "Well, Prince was supportive of course because he knows you..."

"And what about the others?"

...you want me to be honest?"

"Um yes."

"They told me to tell you to abort it..."

"Oh, wow."

"Yea, but I told them that's it's your choice and I wasn't gonna tell you to do anything. They're a little...ignorant."