Chapter Four

I gasped and lifted my arm as the first gunshot sounded. In what was almost like slow motion the bullet moved toward Lord Imhotep's head before suddenly connecting with an invisible barrier that it simply dropped in front of. Lord Imhotep looked at me fascinated as chaos broke out around us. Interesting you and I have much to talk about later my pet I heard inside my head. I gasped again it suddenly felt like a sizzling heat was passing over me and I shuddered under both the temperature and his stare. It was like I was on fire everywhere and the only one that could put out the flame was him, I almost convulsed in ecstasy. I was jerked back and flung over someone's shoulder before being rushed up a set of stairs to the balcony.

Lord Imhotep looked upset about something probably being shot, he walked over to a crate and took out a beautiful piece of pottery I was transferred from one shoulder to another losing sight of Lord Imhotep and the chaos below. I could now tell I was on uncle Ardeth's shoulder as we ran away from the scene mom ahead of us and dad following firing a machine gun. I heard my dad say 'oh not these guys again' before turning toward us and sprinting away. Once outside I was set on the ground to see my mom pulling a bench in front of the museum doors. I looked around for Alex knowing that he had to be here somewhere and needing the comfort of his hugs right then.

Lord Imhotep's point of view:

She was absolutely stunning, and she brought me back why? Looking at her she shifted her head moving down and tilting her neck, the show of respect pleased me greatly, I knew that she was a natural submissive but she was not kneeling why not, ah she is tied up.

"untie her" I didn't like that she was tied up, if it was needed I would be the one to do it to her and no one else. When she was freed she immediately moved into a kneeling position with her hands behind her back. Sitting the way, she was she looked practically edible. I needed to touch her and know her name, lifting her chin I asked.

Her voice was musical a soft soprano Nova a beautiful name for a delicious girl. I asked her why she raised me and her answer confused me I turned to the man she spoke about and asked him. He would not look at me and it angered me the show disrespect. As I was taking a step forward, to inform him how much I didn't care about it being the year of the scorpion, A woman that looked uncannily like Anck Su Namun walked toward me and explained that she wanted me to take over the world. While she did look like my Anck Su Namun, she was disrespecting me and doubting me I did not approve. While in the underworld I realized that with my being raised the first time I had lived out the curse of the Hum-Dia and was no longer bound to it. With being raised a second time I suppose the gods were giving me a second chance to do things right this time.

Nova is the one that I should focus my attention on, not Anck Su Namun. While in the underworld I realized that Anck Su Namun was not my true soul mate. Being with Nova's parents for five minutes had shown me that, but as the Hum-Dia had required I had to try and raise her again. I would not make the same mistakes that my past life did. But I also owed these people a life debt for finding me and bringing Nova to me so that I could be raised once again. I walked toward Nova and lifted her chin with my hand, she looked into my eyes and I saw wonder, while when Meela looked into my eyes I saw the greed for power, reading her aura showed that she cared not for me but only for what I could give her. Nova was someone who was already fascinated by me and from the look of her aura was open to learning more about me as a person and not just my power.

Nova looked over my shoulder and released a tiny gasp, before lifting her arm in front of her, when I turned there was a bullet mere inches from my face that she had stopped to protect me. Interesting you and I have much to talk about later my pet I spoke into her mind. She shuddered and her Aura showed pleasure. Suddenly she is pulled away from me and thrown over her father's shoulder. I frowned not liking his handling of her and not liking the spreading distance. Finding the Vase that carried my old allies I opened it and ordered them to retrieve her and bring her back to me.