Chapter 1

_________________•.°•

The pitch black blanket is draped over the sky with nothing but doleful and thick clouds with heavy bolts of lightning, suddenly flashing every second enlivening the sky, striking in mauve and yellow with ear deafening sound. The downpour is mercilessly heavy with thunder sounds, mixing with the loud cries of the boy who bellows his heart out beneath the sky, who screams, so loudly that his throat hurts— but his heart was in anguish and misery. The boy screams about his unfair life. His body trembles as he sits under the heavy deluge and an even more evil weather, holding the lifeless body of his precious ones.

The blonde boy mourns for his parents, shaking them, to wake them. Ears going deaf to all the sounds and voices of others, he just wants— wants to hear their voice.

But he hears nothing, he sees no signs of his parents opening their eyes and smiling at him. 

Everything was over. 

He had nothing to lose now. 

He hysterically cries, his tears streaming down his face, a heart that seems to cease beating and he hoped it'd stop— really stop because it hurts so much. Everything hurts, eyes burns and suddenly he can't feel anything— his tear-filled eyes fixated on his their faces. He screams at his mother, his father for going— for leaving him alone in this unfair world— all alone. 

He screams at the Moon Luna for giving him so much pain, for taking the only precious thing he had.

And now he has nothing. 

He cries and cries…

And the sky joins him in his grief for as long as the boy howls and wails.

———————

Little droplets of sweat cascade down the alpha's cheek as he continues to cut the log with an axe. His arm muscles contract as he does so, hair swaying and slightly wet from the sweat as well. Even though the weather is nice, blue sky with pretty and heavenly clouds decorated on a blue sheet. The early autumn breeze gusts past him, carrying the ever so heartily aroma of rain-quenched soil and woodland. It's refreshing in a lively way. The wind is cool and fresh and that makes Jungkook do his job without getting too tired from it. The alpha wouldn't even care about the summer sun that would be burning his skin, or the winter that would freeze him. 

Jungkook throws another large freshly cut timber onto the rest of the piled wood timbers on the side. He wipes away the sweat on his forehead with his forefinger. Standing up and stretching his legs a little bit from the uncomfortable position he was in while cutting the wood. His hazel eyes wander up front at the number of rows of wooden cabins, the trees aligning with them, creating protection for the cabins, from the harsh sunlight that'd peak in summer and the heavy snowfall of winter.

A smile paints his features, as he watches the pack members scrolling around to do their daily life necessities. Some alphas are in their wolf forms, enjoying the weather today and running off in the wide green-scape, keeping an eye on the pups that are playing and enjoying the weather as well. Omegas are gathered in the kitchen area to prepare food for the soiree today. The elders are there to instruct them, giving a hand to them if needed help. And when a strong wind passes by them, that'd make everyone's face twinkle with happiness. The loud chatter continuously echoes in the pack territory. 

His smile falters as he gulps down the lump that forms in his throat, he turns his back towards the pack. The alpha hunter flumps back down on the big wooden log. A heavy sigh escaped his lips. Eyes closing momentarily as he takes in a breath of fresh air, in an attempt to clear the thoughts that occupy his head.