The Case

Emily

I walked into the office and could sense something was up. I was hoping for a calm day where I could catch up on my paperwork but I don't think that is gonna happen. "Morning Em" JJ said as she walked past my desk and up to Hotch's office. I smiled at her as she passed me and I placed my bag on my desk. I watched with my arms crossed as Hotch and JJ talked and JJ handed Hotch a folder.

"What's going on?" Reid asked "I think we have another case kid" Morgan replied "That's correct Morgan we do. Get Garcia we'll debrief on the jet" Hotch said coming out of his office, JJ was right behind him and she didn't look too good. I waited for JJ to go to her office before I approached her, so we could have some privacy. "JJ are you okay?" I asked as I entered "Oh hi Em, I'm fine" She replied with a small, broken smile.

I closed the door behind me and walked over to her "Babe I know when you're lying to me. What's wrong?" I asked her "This case it's bad" She replied and fell into my arms crying. "It's okay I'm gonna be with you the whole time I promise" I said to her. "You know it's not good to make promises you can't be certain you can keep. Especially in our line of work." She said with a sniffle. "There's the JJ I know and love," I said with a smile and she laughed. "Come on let's get on the jet" I said, and with my arm still round her shoulder she grabbed her bags and the case files and we walked out together.

Everyone looked at us when we stepped onto the jet. "Okay brace yourselves this case is extremely bad. One of the worst I've ever seen" Hotch said, once the jet was at cruising altitude, I looked at JJ and saw she had tears in her eyes again. I'm not surprised if Hotch was saying it was bad then this is gonna be rough. "Indiana police department has called us in on a case of kidnapping and the murder of, so far, four kids" Hotch started to explain, no wonder JJ was so distraught, cases with kids involved always hit her hard. "We need to work fast on this one and hopefully no other kids get hurt," Hotch continued.

We all knew that we couldn't guarantee that no other kids would get hurt, but we sure will try like hell. "When we touch down I want Morgan and Dave, you two go check out the crime scenes. Spencer you start on the geographical profile with JJ. Garcia I want you to find out everything about these kids, their lifestyle, family/relatives, what they were doing the day they were kidnapped." Hotch ordered "Yes sir I'm on it i will find out everything down to the last meal they ate before they were taken" Garcia said, determinedly.

"Prentiss you and I are going to see the ME to find out what they found" He told me and I nodded in response. "This is a rough case if anyone needs time just let me know please I need everyone at their best for this" He said, still stony faced but you could hear the concern for all of us in his voice. When we touched down we climbed into two black SUV's, me, Hotch, JJ and PG in one and Morgan, Rossi and Spencer in the other. We pulled up to the station and JJ, PG and Spencer jumped out and headed inside, whilst Hotch and I drove off to the ME and Rossi and Morgan went to look at the dumpsites.

"What do you think we're gonna find?" I asked Hotch as got out of the car, "Nothing good" He replied as we walked into the building. "Hi I'm Agent Hotchner, this is Agent Prentiss." Hotch said, nodding to the ME and I did the same. "What do we have?" I asked, walking over to one of the kids, "How old are they?" I asked "Ten and the youngest is six" the ME answered "So the unsub doesn't have an specific age he wants" I said to Hotch "Nor dose he care for sex, two male victims and two female" The ME told us, pulling back the other three sheets to show the faces of three kids.

"All four kids suffered severe abuse but only the females had signs of sexual assault" The ME said handing us a chart "That's odd, why take the boys if you only want to rape the girls, why go through the trouble?" I asked no one in particular. "Something doesn't add up here" I said, then Hotch's phone rang, "Morgan what do you have?" He asked over the phone. He pulled the phone away from his ear and put it on speaker, "Okay so there is no blood on the scene so this is just a dumpsite the kids were killed somewhere else" Morgan told us.