1.2 ~ The Spirit Queen

About Six Months Ago

We were currently in Karen's house where she hosted a party. Imogen was already here, partying it up with the twins. Music blared in the house as people danced everywhere. I had a drink in my hands when I saw Tabby and Chip walk in the house.

"How long do we have to stay?" Chip asks nervously.

"It's a party, Chip. Give it a chance." I say as I walk towards him. I smile as he turns to me. "Hey Y/n." Chip says as he hugs me. I smile as I hug him back. "Hey Chip, hey Tabby." I say with a smile.

"Just pretend we're at Tom Cruise's party at the end of "Risky Business," or at the house party in "Almost Famous," or from, like, "The Social Network," or... or you could just get us some drinks?" Tabby asks nervously.

I smile as I hold my cup in my hands. "Sure. Where'd you get those cups?" Chip asks as he points to mine. "Over there." I say as I point to the kitchen. "I'll be right back. You wanna refill?" Chip asks as he turns to me. "Sure. Thanks." I say as he takes it from me.

He nods his head before walking away. I sigh and smile as Tabby smiles at me. "He likes you." Tabby teases with a smirk. "Oh shut up." I say with a chuckle. "And you like him." She says as she turns to him. I turn to Chip as he smiles at me before pouring the drinks in the cups. "Okay, Tabby? No." I say before dragging her away.

After a while, Chip came back with some drinks. I sat next to him as the three of us continued to chat. All of a sudden I see Imogen walk in with Karen following after her. "Karen... hey. I was looking for you. Can we..." Imogen says nervously.

"You kissed my fucking boyfriend?!" Karen asks frustrated.

All of us stay silent as we turn to them. "What?! No, that's so not what happened." Imogen says nervously. "Imogen, I saw you together." Kelly says annoyed.

"Then what you saw was Greg kissing me." Imogen says in defense. "Babe, it was nothing. She was just being drunk and stupid." Greg says as he runs up to her. "No! No, Karen, he kissed me." She says annoyed.

"Get out!" Karen yells annoyed.

"Karen, please, believe me..." Imogen says worried.

"Get the fuck out of my house, you slut!" Karen yells with tears in her eyes. I gasp in surprise as I watch Imogen walk away with tears in her eyes. "Shit. I better go. See you guys later." I say as I turn to Chip and Tabby.

"Bye." Chip says as he turns to me. I quickly grab my bag as I follow after Imogen.

~

Present dAy

We were still in the library as Imogen brought up the party. "Karen had a party at her house maybe six months ago. It was the night Karen and Kelly and I stopped being friends." Imogen explains to us.

"Wait, I think I was at this party, randomly, fully tryna be one of those cool kids in that '80s rom-com kind of way." Tabby says annoyed.

"Oh, yeah, I saw you with your boyfriend." Noa says as she turns to her. "Who, Chip? No, Chip is not my boyfriend. He does have a crush on her though." Tabby says as she points to me. "Okay that crush is about six months old when you told me. I'm sure he's moved on by now. He's more like my gay best friend who happens to be straight." I say with a nervous smile.

"Well, I was there with my boyfriend right, right before he became my boyfriend." Noa says with a smile.

"I heard about the party... after the fact." Mouse says quietly.