Saved Baby ~DE-aged EndevorMight~

Serious TW: past Forced miscarriage, Abuse, Teenage Drinking, Slightly Gore/Graphic talk of miscarriage. (I'm sorry if this is too intense, I'm using this as a vent for how I felt during my loss) also, slight shigadabi mpreg

Requested by HonesyIsMyWeakness

ENDEAVOR'S P.O.V (He's 46, he was 16 when he lost his baby)

I looked at my phone 6:45 AM; the date is February 20th, the day that I always dread. This was the day that I lost a part of myself, and I vowed never to tell anyone about it. I always get this day off from the hero agency. Thankfully no one ever asks why I take this day off. I usually say it's a mental health day. I knew this day would be more difficult than the rest of the anniversary because this would have been my baby's 30th birthday; she would have had a family by now and maybe be a pro by my side.

I finally rolled out of bed, not thinking much about anything. I was keeping my facade void of any emotion on my face. I made a B-line to the liquor cabinet, grabbing the most powerful thing I could find. I found my old bottle of absinthe.

"This will do," I said, grabbing a glass, pouring a few ice cubes into the cup.

I found one of my old journals as I made my way to the roof. I keep several around the house to write about whatever I feel like; I know the journal I picked up was old, some from my younger years, I could feel the fabric I left hanging on the book.

I sat down on the sofa I had put up here years ago. I poured myself a glass of absinthe, staring at the sunrise. I grabbed the soft fabric from the inside of the journal, holding it in one hand, taking a sip of my drink. This was my routine every year; I'd watch the sunrise and sunset on this day. I was sent back to that hellish day when I closed my eyes.

TW INTENSE SHITS ABOUT TO GO DOWN. (Some venting as well)

"Mom, I need to tell you something," I say, looking down. I was in a baggy sweater with one hand on my bump, feeling my baby move around, kicking right where my hand was.

"Yes, Enji, what do you want? I don't have time for this." Mom said, looking back at me

"I'm four months pregnant." I blurt out

"WHAT, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING, ME ENJI? HOW COULD YOU BE SO CARELESS!!!" my mother screamed, the floors cracking as lava poured into the room.

"I- I know, mom. I'm sorry I never meant for this to happen. Please, I'm sorry I tried to be careful. I'm sorry," I yelled, fearing what mom would do.

"YOUR FATHER WOULD BE SO FUCKING DISAPPOINTED IN YOU, SO HELP ME, GOD, I WILL KILL THAT CHILD IF I HAVE TO. YOU WILL NOT HAVE A CHILD AT THIS AGE. Do you WANT to ruin my REPUTATION? I SWEAR, sometimes you NEVER THINK ANYTHING THROUGH. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHO THE FATHER!?!"

It felt like everything went in slow motion as the first punch landed. I blacked out for a bit as my mother's lava became too much for my body in its state. I awoke on the floor feeling the last kick to my lower stomach I would ever feel.

I started screaming until my throat was raw, knowing my baby would not make it. I lay on the ground, flames surrounding me as I lay my hand on my little bump. I heaved myself up, feeling liquid trickling down my leg as I made it to the bathroom. I collapse on the floor as I felt my stomach contracting. As I lay there on the floor, I could feel the blood trickling down my thighs and legs, staining my clothes, pooling under me. Sobbing feeling the chunks of blood come from my insides, knowing that I would no longer be pregnant. My body was trembling as it tried to expel my dead baby. As I cried and pleaded for whatever god or being there was to just let me feel my child kick one last time, let me try to protect my child one last time before it was too late. But the nausea and pain forced me back to reality, and I couldn't bear to move, fearing what would happen. I didn't care about my other injuries; I just wanted my baby. I wanted the bleeding to stop the pain to stop. I could never look at myself the same. I had just lost one of the best things that ever happened to me. My bond with my unborn child was taken away from me in a way I never wanted. I reached for my phone on the counter, knowing I needed to call someone safe. The only person I could think of was my best friend, Toshinori. He was the one person that I told about my baby.