40

Touya's POV:

It took all of his willpower not to turn around and go after the two Commissioners who had managed to escape.

His nerves itched for violence. They deserved a long, torturous death. Like the Higher Up that he had killed. Oh, his screams had been delightful as Touya's flames had seared the skin from his bones. He'd started with the non-vital areas, keeping the man alive until the last possible moment so that he could feel everything that was happening.

He'd deserved every second of it, and his colleagues did too. Touya yearned to inflict such pain upon them. For every scratch that marred your skin, they would be punished with pain ten times worse.

Looking down at the woman he held in his arms quelled some of the burning fury that urged him to turn back and hunt the other two down. You were what was important now. The makeshift bandages were already stained with crimson, and he could see the strength you were using to keep your eyes from fluttering shut.

Yes. He would get the revenge that he sought, but only after you were healed and rested. Killing those two disgusting people wouldn't bring about much change, it would only be a small relief to both of you. Commissioners existed all around the world, more Higher Up's would be brought in. Corruption would continue to sink its claws into the folds of society. The only way to defeat it would be from the source.

Everything would need to be destroyed. The system itself needed to be undone and remade. All of the Commission's experiments and secret doings had to be exposed and ended. It would take months, if not years to accomplish all of that.

And Touya couldn't be sure that he had that kind of time.

It didn't matter. Right now his focus remained solely on getting you to the Doctor. His house was relatively close to the exit point that he and Aya had established. Your friend led the way, eliminating any obstacles that stood in the path.

Her quirk, Touya had learned, expanded far beyond simple color changing. It went down to a molecular level. The girl could do some incredibly terrifying things with that power. It was no wonder her parents had kept its full extent off of any of the records. She still hadn't explained it completely to him, but after the things he'd seen her do? Touya had reached a new level of respect for her.

As they ran through different hallways and rooms, the guards occasionally caught sight of them, there was one that he almost ran into, but they oddly let him pass without a fight. That was his last bit of luck with them, though.  One of the masked assholes further down managed to knick Touya with something pretty sharp across his waist. But he didn't care about himself, as long as no one got to you, it didn't matter.

"We're almost there," Aya shouted from ahead. "Be ready!"

Touya tightened his hold around your body and you leaned your head into his chest. The feel of the metal collar pressing into his skin sent another bolt of rage through his veins. A fucking collar. Those sick bastards had not only put a restrictive, draining device onto you, but they'd done it in the most demeaning way possible.

When Aya cleared the last barrier to the outside, Touya ran through and immediately began searching for the car that your mother was waiting in. Luckily, she was right where they'd planned for her to be.

Well, where she'd planned to be. Touya hadn't wanted her coming along for this. But the woman was stubborn as hell. He didn't like the idea of leading a hero to Doctor Reiki's place, but he'd sworn on the phone that he had a multitude of other bases he could use if his current one were to be exposed.

Aya threw open the door to the backseat and helped Touya get you inside as gently as possible. You tried to move by yourself, but he shot that down pretty quickly. "You aren't on your own anymore." He said. "We've got you. Don't strain yourself any further."