prologue

"Miori, for the hundredth time, I swear it's not what you think it is!" The familiar voice to me spoke over the phone

"Do you think I'm an idiot? I knew that you cheated on me with her for months now. I just waited for you to finally tell me about it...But it looks like I don't have to wait anymore as now the news about your affair is practically being displayed for the entire world to see." 

"Miori, it was an ACCIDENT. One thing led to another and I already told Judy to back off, but she wouldn't listen! I've been trying to find a way to break up with her for-"

"It doesn't matter anyway! The point is you keep seeing her for months despite you claiming that this was all an accident! You know how much I dislike her! She was the reason why I missed the biggest opportunities in my life! And yet, you still insist on continuing that relationship when you were dating me!" I replied angrily through the phone. 

This man has gotten on my nerves.

"Fine then, you caught me! So, what if I've been seeing her for months then? It's not like for those several months you were there for me. You were too busy studying, planning your careers, and going back and forth between L. A and New York!" 

"I've told you that my sister was injured and she needed me in New York! So, it will only make sense for me to be there and support her. You and your arrogant mind still say that I do not care about you when in reality I always texted you asking about your conditions, sent you gifts, and tried to be the best girlfriend that I could! Heck, I even missed my brother's birthday just so I can spend time with you as promised! It feels like I am the only one who is trying in this relationship!"

"Well, sorry to break it to you but gifts will not make up for my girlfriend's absence when I needed her. Judy was the one that stay by my side when my brother went to jail earlier this month. You spend too much time on your stuff, and you didn't have much time for me! Judy might be a cheater but at least she didn't need to rely on her daddy's wealth and connections to get into the competition in the first place!" 

My heart stopped at his words. 

I usually was quite strong when dealing with hurtful words like this. But this was different. Because he knew that I do not like it when people say that, especially coming from him. 

Okay, that's it, he's going to regret it! 

"Miori...Hey, I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that about your dad...please forgive me, I'll try to-"

"No. Save it. I don't want to hear any more words coming from that mouth of yours. I can't believe you're choosing her over me. You're disgusting." 

I said as I immediately ended the call. 

I sighed and look out to the window showing the beautiful night sky of Los Angeles. That previously was my now, ex-boyfriend, Dallas Holden. The reason we broke up? You guessed it, he cheated on me...again. I already knew a few months ago because one of my friends spotted him and another girl at the park. But, earlier today, Dallas and Judy were caught kissing inside a car and the news was broadcasted on the television. Why? because Dallas was the son of a very famous actor, so everything he did would be a great highlight to the media like this one.