twenty two

redemption

償還

Akashi's POV

Akashi's POV

It's been a month since the situation in Kaori's launching event. In the beginning, I was beyond shocked and refused to believe that she was really here. I slowly got over my initial disbelief and tried to accept the fact that things were going to change. It became surreal to think that the girl of my dreams was now studying in the same university and city as I am. 

I had been dreaming of the moment when I would see her again, and it was a dream come true to be able to meet her after so many years of separation. 

However, it also means that it has been a month since our conversation. I vividly remember how heavy and difficult the conversation was for us. We were both not prepared to face each other after so long. It was also a fairly heartbreaking situation because that wasn't how we expected our first meeting to be in years. 

After the painful reunion we had, Miori and I became complete strangers. We avoided each other in hallways or classes and preferred to keep our distance from each other. It was for the best as we both knew the awkward and difficult position we were in right now.  Also, I didn't really know how to cope or interact with her after finding out that I fell in love with the same girl again. When I thought that Kobayashi Minori was the right one for me turned out she was Miori in disguise. 

So, there was no other girl it was only Miori since the start. 

What happened after the catastrophic night? 

It became the talk of the town for weeks and people could not stop talking about it. Almost every news paper, headlines, and social media posts were about her for a while. My father also informed me about their meeting right before she arrived at the event. I guess it was a blessing in disguise because due to the meeting between her and my father she didn't come prepare to the party and we would never know who she actually is. 

As for Kaori, her family were furious at her for pulling such ridiculous stunt and they were even more horrified at the backlash that they received. The news tarnished their reputation as people labelled them as incompetent parents whose spoiled daughter caused havoc in her own event. Kaori herself were not doing well as she felt terrible and unjustly criticized by the public. The family is in shambles right now as they were trying to do whatever they can to save their dignity. 

"Seijuro-sama, your father requested for you in his study right now." I was reading a book when a butler informed me. I went to my father's study and inside he was looking very serious. 

"Father, you called me?" I asked as he gestured for me to sit across his table. 

"Yes, Seijuro. Get ready in an hour, we have somewhere to be this afternoon." 

"Where to father?" 

"The Yamaguchi's residence. Be punctual as this is very important." I nodded and he dismissed me. Then an hour later, we were in a car heading to the huge mansion. On the way there, my father was more serious and cold than usual. It made me slightly uncomfortable but I felt like I could already know what to expect. After arriving at the mansion, the family invited us to sit down and Mr and Mrs. Yamaguchi both looked tensed.