five

相反する感情

Conflicted feelings 

"Rhendmons-sama, here are the reports that you asked for earlier

"Rhendmons-sama, here are the reports that you asked for earlier." My assistant, Amaya said as she put some papers on my desk and that caught me off my trails of thoughts. 

"Oh, all right, Arigatou, Amaya-san. You may leave now." I said as I started to check the papers one by one. 

"Ah, yes, Rhendmons-sama, Arigatou gozaimasu." She bowed and walked away from my office. I am now in my dad's company in Tokyo. There have been a lot of problems since the company was just opened less than a year ago. But I quickly adapted to the environment and am helping my dad to handle this company. It is still growing and the business aren't that ready yet. I was checking some of the reports when one paper slipped from my grasp and revealed a familiar name.

'Yamaguchi Group'  

I was quite surprised to see that name, but I read the paper as a whole. And then I found out that Yamaguchi Group wanted to ask for dad's new company to be one of their investors in their company because they are gathering investments for a new cosmetic brand they are launching soon. I sighed as I was feeling a little bit uncomfortable with the mention of the group's name, when in reality their princess act a spoiled brat. But I decided to keep it professional and texted my dad about the report. 

Suddenly, the office phone rings and I answered it.

"Yes, hello?" I asked.

"Apologies to disturb you, Rhendmons-sama, but Satō-san is waiting in the lobby. She said that she has an appointment with you." 

"Ah, yes, I'll head down now, thank you." I hang up and quickly grab my purse and coat then head down through the lift. 

However, on the way down I can't stop thinking about the Yamaguchi Group. Especially, after what Akashi had told me about 2 weeks ago that he was now engaged to Yamaguchi Kaori. I was a bit shocked and confused to hear that. So, he first told me that he once had romantic feelings for me and now he has moved on. 

"However I always dreamed of the day that I can talk to her again...even if it is just for a moment". 

I suddenly remembered what he told me. His words were ringing in my head like crazy. It looked like he really meant what he said. But then again, it was his fault for- No I shouldn't remember that moment in the past. 

He was just another person from my past. He doesn't have any more role in my life right now?

Right? 

"Hey, Mio! Ready for our girls' night out?" Emiko asked as she approached me when I arrived at the lobby. 

"Sure. Where do you think we should go?"