Chapter 6: From Private to Public

A ray of sunshine beamed through my window, signifying the morning had come. I woke up, and to my surprise, Laura was still asleep. I rolled over to face my wall and saw my phone plugged up. I still could not believe this actually happened. I grabbed my phone and turned on the screen. I saw a bunch of notifications from Instagram and Snapchat and, most importantly, a text from Braxton.

    Good morning lovely

    I smiled at this text and felt my cheeks getting hot, so I responded to him.

Good morning to you too :)

Did you sleep well last night?

Yes, did you?

I did :) So what are your plans for today?

Well, as you know, Laura stayed last night; I think she said something about wanting to take pictures on my new phone, but I cannot swear to it XD it was really late last night.

Well, whatever it is, you make sure it is safe! Also, I have a question for you.

Go ahead.

I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date next Friday? That is if you are not busy!

I would love to! You pick our date spot!

Putting all the pressure on me, huh?

Yep! Alright, Laura is moving around now. I think she is about to wake up. Text later?

Of course! Have fun with Laura today.

I honestly feel like I am on cloud nine since the sequence of events took place! Laura sat up from her slumber.

"Well, good morning to you, sleepy head!"

She looked at me, flipped the pillow over her head, and went back to sleep.

"Good morning Evelyn." She grumbled.

Laura has never been a morning person; we are polar opposites in that aspect. She then sat up again, grabbed her phone, and checked her notifications. After we sat in silence, we went downstairs to get breakfast. I pulled the cereal down from the shelf, grabbed the milk out of the fridge, and then grabbed two bowls. We both poured our cereal and milk and ate.

"So Evelyn, do you still want to take pictures today?" She asked

"Of course, but the stipulation is you must pick out my outfit."

"You know I will; I have already told you once that I am the queen of fashion!"

We both laughed. We finished up our meal and then headed upstairs. Laura ran into my closet and grabbed a black and white plaid button skirt and a solid black shirt with a rhinestone skeleton ribcage. I will admit my fashion is a little dark. My mom says I have the wardrobe of a goth which I am not entirely disappointed in. I went to the bathroom and changed, and I decided to style my hair with a claw clip and let a few front parts of my hair hang forward. This is my go-to when I cannot determine what to do with my hair. I walked out of the bathroom, and Laura stopped me.

"Here, you forgot these" She handed me my black combat boots.

"For sure, a staple to this outfit!"

I felt amazing; I should just hire Laura to be my personal stylist. We then headed downstairs and out to the flower garden. My mom has always been into gardening, so at least we have a pretty landscape! After many poses and photos later on my new phone, we went back inside and spent the rest of our time browsing social media and playing on my Xbox. Laura's parents showed up to get her, and we hugged goodbye. I watched her go down the stairs. Once she left, I went back into my room and started messing with my phone again. I decided it was time to make my first post! I scrolled through the images that Laura took and decided to post a picture of me posing with a side-angle view. I definitely thought it was the best of all of them. I loaded the image into the new post tab and added my caption. Since I was wearing my skeleton jacket, I decided to make a simplistic caption with a skull and a black heart; I then posted it. I decided to scroll through my feed a little and then realized I needed to set a profile picture, so I took a quick selfie and put it up. I started thinking about Braxton and his Instagram. I loaded up his page to see what type of stuff he posts. As I was browsing, I could not help but notice how many followers he had! I then went back to my profile; I had 60 followers, then flipped back to his, which had 894 followers. I decided to text him because I was curious about how he got so many followers. I texted him

Brax, can I ask you a question?

Sure, what is it?

Do not take this the wrong way, but I was on your Instagram account and noticed you have so many followers... Almost 900? Do you really know that many people?

Haha, NO, SILLY! I am a public account, and I once posted a picture of when I was at band practice with my friends, and it got on the explore page!

WAIT, so are you not private???

No, I do not need to be; I do not reveal much of my personal information.

But Laura told me not to be a public account.

Well, of course, do what you feel best is for you, but I think she is just telling you that so you do not pass her follower count! You are beyond beautiful and would probably hit the explore page whenever you post.

Aww, Braxton, stop, that is so sweet! Okay, I think I will go public if you say it is okay.

Exactly nothing to worry about; I would not tell you to do something dangerous <3

The clock struck 9:00 pm, and I realized I needed to head to bed since it was a school night.

Alright, Brax Bear, I am going to go to sleep. I will see you at school tomorrow.

You sleep well! See you tomorrow, cutie :)

I went on Instagram quickly and swapped my account to public; I instantly gained 12 more followers! I smiled and plugged my phone up to charge. I cannot help but feel so happy with my life right now.