ℍ𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕩 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣 (unfinished)

you woke up tossing and turning in the middle of the night, thoughts swarming your head. everytime your closed your eyes you imagined him rejecting you. why would he like you? why do you even like him? you rolled over again, maybe if you stay in bed for the rest of eternity you won't have to see him again, then you'll stop liking him. forever. eventually you did fall asleep, instead dreaming about it, again. him rejecting you and never seeing you ever again.

in the morning, luz pounced on you like a cat. "y/n!!!! y/n!!!!" you open your eyes from your horrid dream and thoughts with a headache already. "mhm?" "breakfast!!" she tugs you upwards as your vision goes bright. "oh- sorry!!" "it's fine" you muttered, getting dragged to the kitchen where the others wait. you see hunter first and lock eyes for a second.

"eggs or pancakes?" "i'm not hungry" after many sleepless nights you haven't had a appetite recently. they probably thought you were starving yourself when really you were sick from your own bloody thoughts. "are you sure?" here it is, pity makes you feel ever sicker. you started
questioning why they would care, luckily the others were already talking and didn't listen in on your conversation. "i just woke up, luz" you force a light hearted chuckle. "alright true" she let you go and plopped down happily next to amity inhaling her plate of food.

you step out back into the bathroom and look in the mirror. you felt like puking but what if they heard? you didn't want to risk it, you hated being pitted. hated it. you splashed cold water on your face, taking deep breathes. you couldn't cry right now. you needed a distraction. you went back into your room, taking out a tablet luz had given you to watch tv on, you put amphibia on and laid down.

you were woken back up by somebody banging on your door. "mhm?" you tried to say it loudly, "who is it?" "amity, luz wants to have a movie night and asked me to come get you while the others finish setting up." you get up and fix yourself, "yeah okay" you open the door and you two walk out to the living room. blankets and pillows were thrown everywhere and two giant bowls of popcorn and m&ms. i stifle a gag, i really don't want to eat today. "y/n!! sit here between me and hunter!" great. FUCKING great. bloody hell. "mkayy" you tried to sound happy. thanks willow.

you sit between willow and hunter without a blanket, "luz whispers in her ear behind you on the couch "share with hunterrr" you roll your eyes. no way in he-

he put the blanket on you.

you flushed, looking back at luz wide eyed as she squealed silently. god damn it.

after the movie you were the first one up, the rest were asleep and you and hunter (the only two night owls) were still awake. "i'm gonna...uh go to bed." he nodded silently, you flushed even more and turned around quickly. then you went back to rolling over, your lack of sleep was catching up with you though and soon enough you were passed out until afternoon the next day.

you woke up by your own page this time, no unnecessary yelling in your face. you stretch and yawn, rolling off your bed and standing up. what would luz drag you into today? you walked downstairs and saw everyone talking eating lunch that luz's mom brought. you sighed, you haven't ate in a couple days so you'll eat now, you felt better afterall. you plopped down more happily then you have since you were in the human realm.

"good afternoon y/n! did you just wake up" luz smiled at you from across the table. you nod, looking at what she put on your plate. there wasn't as much as the others, she probably thinks you have a eating disorder too. how would you even tell them that it's from lack of sleep? nervousness? what was it even from?

you shake these thoughts out of your head and bite into your sandwich, you could feel her mom eyeing you eat, if anything this made it harder. you gulped down it all, and stood up, you walked back into you room and sat down. you played amphibia again, this time you wouldn't fall asleep.

you didn't sleep that night, you felt bad for making people pity you so you decided to stop worrying about hunter. you wanted to ask gus about it so you can get over the whole deal with him. you started walking to his room, he's probably already awake.

you knocked on gus's door and he immediately opened it like he knew you were about to come. "oh hi y/n!" he beamed so you beamed back, "hi gus! can i talk to you about something?" "yeah sure!"

you sit down on his bed with him, "so what's up?"