chapter 4

Y/n's pov :

I suddenly realised that it was almost midnight and that I had to go meet up with Kazuha At the Castle's Flower garden.

I quickly got up and put on a random dress and then went to the flower garden silently , since Xiao was outside my door and would insist of following me if I did make a sound that would get his attention.

I then noticed the White Haired boy sitting next to the fountain, I walked over to him and said hi.

He looked at me and just waved his hand , I sat beside him and I asked him why he took that person's bag earlier.

" I need mora " he replied , looking away.

" I could help you , you know ? And you seem like a samurai or something and you have a sword , so you could maybe just go earn some easy money defeating monsters. " I suggested.

He sighed and nodded.

" that's not a bad idea , thank you. " he thanked me.

I took his hand in mine and told him that it was totally normal for me to help him.

I then gave him a bag of mora , it had 3400 mora in it in total.

He looked surprised and only stares for some minutes and then hugged me tight.

He buried his face in my shoulder and I felt like he needed comfort so I hugged him back and started to comfort him, telling him that everything will be just fine , while rubbing his back.

He pulled away after some time and thanked me once again , with a smile this time.

'His smile is so pretty...' I thought to myself.

But then Aether , appeared out of nowhere and pinned Kazuha to the ground and putting a sword to his neck.

" Aether stop it! " I yelled.

" who are you !? " he ignored me and asked kazuha.

I ofcourse didn't like it when he would go around ignoring me so I got closer to both of them , grabbed Aether's arm and in one touch  , his sword was on the ground.

" don't you dare touch my friend or ignore me Aether! "

He then suddenly turned to me , shocked and half annoyed.

" remember that I'm letting you stay at my castle , y/n, since yours got destroyed. You should be grateful instead. "

'Greatful my ass. " I thought to myself before my friendly happy face turned into a serious one.

He just clicked his tongue and took a look at Kazuha and then realised who he was.

" K-Kazuha!? I'm so sorry , I didn't know it was you! Please forgiving me kaz! " Aether said while being early embarrassed , he also seemed to truly regret what he did.

I helped kazuha up and I accidentally trapped and fell into the fountain.

My clothes were now completely wet and I was cold. I got out of the fountain and Aether seemed to be laughing about it while Kazuha told me to take off the dress and removed his shirt and jacket and gave it to me.

Leaving his completely shirtless.

I quickly looked away and nodded , I went somewhere , where they wouldn't see me and put the clothes on who seemed really long on me , it was like an oversized shirt.

His clothes smelled just like him , I blushed slightly and then went back to them.

Kazuha gave me a friendly smile while Aether just looked away , crossing arms like a child , pouting.

I chuckled softly and went on to hug Aether.

" what's wrong , huh? " you said in a teasing tone.

" nothing. " he quickly said , but you didn't buy it.

" oh come on , you are literally acting like a jealous little kid right now " I replied

I then pulled away from him and thanked Kazuha.

" It's only normal for me to do so after you've been so kind to me! " I found myself smiling like an idiot at him and he happily smiled back.

" it think I'm gonna leave. " Aether quickly said , already heading inside.

" Okay.. " I replied, once he left , I spoke again.

" do you think I made him mad ? " I asked , a little bit worried.

" I'm sure not. " Kazuha tried reassuring me.

'Was Aether....jealous ?'

I giggled to myself at the thought but then I kneeled down and took a beautiful pink flower in my hand and then got up again.

I then placed the flower in Kazuha's hair.

" it looks pretty on you! " I said joyfully.

" thank you! " he replied with a grin.

We continued chatting till 02:02AM , and then we both left , I was in my room , once again, lost in my thoughts. I didn't know who to chose , but was that feeling really love ? I'll take my choice with time but was Aether actually jealous ? I wonder if he was.

Knowing Aether , he seems like the type of guy who would , but he could also give up on his life to save someone he loves.

He truly amazed me and I've admired him since we were kids.

-Flashback-

Y/n : Aether , Aether! Look! It's a butterfly! Isn't it pretty!?

Aether : yeah it's very pretty!, look at how colourful it is hehe! Oh! Look! The butterfly's on my finger!

Y/n : that's so cool!

Aether : y/n you know that your parents wouldn't want you to use "cool" to describe something , right?

Y/n : yeahh.., my parents can be mean sometimes! But I still love them with my whole heart!

Aether : y/n , promise me something

Y/n : ?

Aether : promise me that we'll meet again after I'll left.

Y/n : I promise !

Y/n embraced Aether in a hug and then let go after some time , they then went on to go play together like they were doing again.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

'We did meet again after all...' I thought to myself smiling.

He may act formal and all but I know that his childish side will always be here.

His jealousy shows it haha!

I giggled to myself and then decided to finally get some sleep.

I closed my eyes and soon after , I fell asleep...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/n : it's 02:12Am right now and I couldn't sleep so enjoy this chapter <3 also my chapters will be of atleast 1000 words each , if I don't have anymore ideas , sometimes it will take a little bit of time, so I'm sorry in advance! I'll try to write as much as I can though and if you've come this far , I'm very proud of you and I hope that you're enjoying this book! ♡ anyways , have a good day or night sunshines <3

-09/08/22-
~02:15AM~