4 || Fights and Fates

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Your POV)*

It seemed that after I arrived at the resistance's camp with the traveler and Teppei, a soldier we met at Nazuchi beach, the general has been trying to place me on missions outside of the camp. I mean I am from the Tenryou Commission so I can't blame him. It still annoys me though.

On the front lines at Nazuchi beach, there are constant battles, but today there were almost none at all. The soldiers seemed quite relieved from where I sat on top of a ship wreckage, but the general looked uneasy. To me, it seemed a lot like something Sara would do: sending less attacks and coming in herself. I was right. In the distance Sara and her troops were marching their way over. I thought of hiding right then and there since I am on the resistance's side currently.

I hopped down and decided to stay near the general as a way of showing my "loyalty" to the resistance or something like that. When Sara reached us, she shook her head slightly.

'We don't know each other when we are on opposite sides.'

That's what she told me before I left. The two general's had a uh... casual conversation... until the traveler and Teppei came running in. They claimed that they had come to help. Sara then proposed a mock battle with the traveler and her soldiers, most likely she was here to take the traveler upon the shogun's orders.

The mock battle passed by quickly and Sara initiated the attack. I smiled as the soldiers ran towards the resistance. It was clear to me that some were hesitant to attack me. We were outnumbered though and even with the combined strengths of the traveler, general, and I there really were a lot of enemy soldiers.

In the midst of the battle, blue bubbles appeared on the beach and on a ship's wreckage was the divine priestess. She calmly watched the battle and boosted the resistance's morale. Along with the divine priestess was Captain Beidou and a familiar male wearing clothes with maple leaf designs.

"Kazuha!" General Gorou shouted happily.

'So he's the criminal that snatched a vision from a duel a while back; Kaedehara Kazuha of the fallen Kaedehara clan.'

Sara, upon realizing the fight was going nowhere, retreated and the beach became peaceful once more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well then, you know where to find me if you need anything, General Gorou!" I said with a salute walking in the direction of Higi village.

"Wait! As a general of the resistance, it's my duty to keep an eye out for potential dangers to the resistance. You are a member of the Tenryou Commission meaning I cannot let you off the hook."

I sighed. "Right..."

General Gorou, Sangonomiya Kokomi, the traveler, Paimon, Teppei, Captain Beidou, and Kaedehara Kazuha had a long conversation after that. I sat on the beach staring at the cloudy sky since a member of the Tenryou Commission like me probably isn't allowed in such conversations.

"Hey, Y/n! I didn't expect to see you out here with the resistance! Were you able to use the medicine?" Beidou asked from behind.

I turned back to look at her and shook my head. "Unfortunately the person I had bought it for passed away and was unable to use it. Though, I also did not expect to see you out here with another companion, Captain."

The captain apologized for my loss and introduced me to her companion.

"This is Kaedehara Kazuha. I'm sure you've heard of him though."

"Of course. It's hard not to hear about people when you're friends with a detective. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Kaedehara." I laughed, standing up.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well."

I assured him that I wouldn't turn him in and then left unnoticed by the general.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After returning to the camp, I rested underneath a tree nearby until a soldier came over and handed me a letter. When I opened it, a maple leaf was the first thing I saw in the envelope. The note was definitely from Heizou. I read through his letter and disappointedly looked at the leaf.

"That Heizou knows what he's doing when it comes to finding ways to annoy me..."

"I think maple leaves are quite beautiful." a new voice spoke.

It was Kaedehara Kazuha. He sat down next to me under the tree and closed his eyes. I've heard he loved nature or something.

"Of course you'd say something like that. Maple leaves fit your entire aesthetic and all."

He chuckled. "Is that so?"

We sat in silence for a while, but it wasn't necessarily uncomfortable. Something about Kazuha makes the world feel at peace or at least that's how I feel. I looked back at the samurai. He had his eyes slightly opened, staring at the ground, and he was smiling. As if suddenly realizing that I was looking at him he looked at me and laughed.

"What's wrong? It's not often someone stares at me so curiously."

"Hmph. Nothing."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Finally meeting Kazuha!!! Next chapter will probably have a lot of Kazuha and Y/n getting to know each other and stuff like that. <3